Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

161 - 180 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Sweet...good to know....I had seen others earlier in the thread getting high 34s for EXL AWD which is what I want. Now I know what my target is....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sweet...good to know....I had seen others earlier in the thread getting high 34s for EXL AWD which is what I want. Now I know what my target is....
Only catch was that I need to finance through them which I don’t mind as they gave a very competitive APR...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just bought 2020 Pilot EXL Black/Black..
Vehicle Price - 34634
OTD- 37000
Page Honda, MI
I am also looking to get the same exact Pilot that you got. How are you able to get it on that price? How did you negotiate? All I get here is $40000, $39000. My target price is $37000 and I don't want go more than that. I hope you can give some advise. Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am also looking to get the same exact Pilot that you got. How are you able to get it on that price? How did you negotiate? All I get here is $40000, $39000. My target price is $37000 and I don't want go more than that. I hope you can give some advise. Thank you
Actually- no idea on what exactly played the trick. Through a friend who recently got a 2019 EXL, I got hold of a dealer who had a 2019 EXL and willing to sell that @33.8K. I told this dealership that I am going to take that offer as there is hardly any diff between 2019 and 2020. He counteroffered and finally, we agreed on 37K even OTD>

·
Registered
1 Posts
2020 Pilot EX AWD white/black $30,500 base price. No accessories included but got them to knock off $200 on roof rack install. Greencastle, PA

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
2020 exl with nav and res . 42995msrp
eprice 35957
doc fee 495
locks 97
regissration 100
inp sticker 35
mass tax 2247.31
oit door price 38931.31

i think this is great deal , unless they try something fishy tommorrow, i am going to pull the cord
Is it AWD or FWD?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought from the same location ..EX-L AWD for $38059 OTD and got $750 honda conquest on top of that towards down payment..

Did you end up getting extended warranty or service package?
Any add ons? How you ended up paying out the door? I am from San Diego CA and I am also looking to buy EX-L AWD.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all.
Finally got my 2020 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD. Paid $38800 out the door. Took it because that's the lowest i got here in San Diego. It should be $38300 but dealer said the college rebate of $500 was not applicable for my wife. They said that it should be a higher ed but my wife graduated on a LVN program. I let it go and took the deal because it wasn't too bad.

$38800 out the door got the protection package(wheel locks,trunk tray and mud guards) for free.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi all.
Finally got my 2020 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD. Paid $38800 out the door. Took it because that's the lowest i got here in San Diego. It should be $38300 but dealer said the college rebate of $500 was not applicable for my wife. They said that it should be a higher ed but my wife graduated on a LVN program. I let it go and took the deal because it wasn't too bad.

$38800 out the door got the protection package(wheel locks,trunk tray and mud guards) for free.
Thanks

If I may make a suggestion for everyone, it is most helpful to know the purchase price of the CAR before taxes, dealer installed crap, fees, etc. Also would be helpful to know if that includes or excludes the mandatory Destination Charge. While you may care most about your OTD price, it is much less helpful to potential buyers because we will all have different state tax rates, different dealer doc fees, etc.

I just want to know what number to target for the purchase price of the car....the rest I can't really control....

Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks

If I may make a suggestion for everyone, it is most helpful to know the purchase price of the CAR before taxes, dealer installed crap, fees, etc. Also would be helpful to know if that includes or excludes the mandatory Destination Charge. While you may care most about your OTD price, it is much less helpful to potential buyers because we will all have different state tax rates, different dealer doc fees, etc.

I just want to know what number to target for the purchase price of the car....the rest I can't really control....

Thank you!
Hi. Here is the price breakdown to be clear.

2020 Honda Pilot EX-L
AWD
sale price: $35413.93
+ doc fees, sales tax,
Protection package: FREE
OTD: $38800

·
Registered
510 Posts
Thanks

So the 35413 already includes the destination charge?
Destination fee is one area where some dealers try to make additional profit! The MSRP on ANY new automobile in the United States will always include the destination fee on the bottom line of the window sticker. The sales price you negotiate should always include the destination fee based on the window sticker bottom line price but the out the door price will include the sales price, dealer fees, doc fees, state tax, license, title, etc. This is where some dealers will also show an additional destination fee added to the OTD price.

Don't fall for misleading ads from dealers who remove the destination fee in their sales ads in order to appear $1000.00 less than other dealer ads or quotes. You get there and then they say oh, there is an additional destination fee which needs to be added to the sales price.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Destination fee is one area where some dealers try to make additional profit! The MSRP on ANY new automobile in the United States will always include the destination fee on the bottom line of the window sticker. The sales price you negotiate should always include the destination fee based on the window sticker bottom line price but the out the door price will include the sales price, dealer fees, doc fees, state tax, license, title, etc. This is where some dealers will also show an additional destination fee added to the OTD price.

Don't fall for misleading ads from dealers who remove the destination fee in their sales ads in order to appear $1000.00 less than other dealer ads or quotes. You get there and then they say oh, there is an additional destination fee which needs to be added to the sales price.
Gotcha - so anyone here should quote the car sales price to include the mandated Honda destination fee (I agree)

I think where these boards get confusing is when people just report "OTD" price which I said above is meaningless to other potential buyers, and also sometimes people try to show off on the great deal they got so they quote a car sales price not including the destination fee.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Sales prices reported here and other forums can be a bit confusing. As you mentioned, different tax rates, dealer fees, doc fees, accessory add ons, etc. Then you have a trade in where the dealer may be showing a big discount price on the new car, but has given you less than the trade is actually worth.

Reading the different post though you can get a very good idea of what is a good price to pay. You can also use other tools such as True Car, KBB, Edmunds, etc. It is a big decision when making the purchase and you want to get the best deal possible. There comes a time though that spending time running from dealer to dealer to save another $50.00 or $100.00 just isn't worth it in the long run anymore.

I purchased my Pilot from a local dealer who meet a very good price I had from a dealer on the other side of town. I could have gone back to the first dealer to get another $100.00 or so off etc but didn't. I wanted a local dealer in case I had any problems and for any warranty work. I know I could take the car to any Honda dealer regardless of where I purchased it, but I wanted to build a relationship with the dealer where I would be servicing it. Hence my committing to the local dealer at a price I was happy with even if a little more money could have been saved.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finalized my deal this wknd on 2020 Pilot EXL FWD at Courtesy Palm Harbor Honda. See breakdown below, hope it helps:
$38955 msrp
$6801.28 discount
$32153.72 final agreed sale price
+ $697.50 honda accessories (mud flaps, rubber floor/cargo mats) *I tried to get this reduced but they wouldn't budge since the sales price was so discounted. Other dealers were charging upwards of $2400 for similar so I just agreed to move forward and save time/effort.

TOTAL = $32851.22
taxable fees = $99.50
del svc charge = $799
tax = $2075.28
new tag = $350~
3rd party extended warranty for 5 years/100k miles = $2000 *they reduced from original $2300
- $500 grad incentive rebate

·
Registered
138 Posts
Finalized my deal this wknd on 2020 Pilot EXL FWD at Courtesy Palm Harbor Honda. See breakdown below, hope it helps:
$38955 msrp
$6801.28 discount
$32153.72 final agreed sale price
+ $697.50 honda accessories (mud flaps, rubber floor/cargo mats) *I tried to get this reduced but they wouldn't budge since the sales price was so discounted. Other dealers were charging upwards of $2400 for similar so I just agreed to move forward and save time/effort.

TOTAL = $32851.22
taxable fees = $99.50
del svc charge = $799
tax = $2075.28
new tag = $350~
3rd party extended warranty for 5 years/100k miles = $2000 *they reduced from original $2300
- $500 grad incentive rebate
Thanks for the info

You may want to research buying a HondaCare warranty online and canceling the 3rd party one you bought. I believe real HondaCare will be much cheaper and also better coverage. Just a thought, do as you prefer of course

·
Registered
510 Posts
Just for comparison I got Honda Care on line for $1350.00 for 8 yrs/120000 $0.0 deductible. Good at all Honda dealers in the US and Canada

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just for comparison I got Honda Care on line for $1350.00 for 8 yrs/120000 $0.0 deductible. Good at all Honda dealers in the US and Canada
Exactly my point

3rd party warranties are generally gonna be weaker coverage and it's not like he got a super low price on it

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought my Pilot Elite 2020
I paid 37,800$ all inclusive including the tax
I got many options for free including the running board and illuminated door light along with other options

161 - 180 of 232 Posts