Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

181 - 200 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
I just bought my Pilot Elite 2020
I paid 37,800$ all inclusive including the tax
I got many options for free including the running board and illuminated door light along with other options
Hard to believe, even harder to believe in Canada!

🙈🙉🙊

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the info

You may want to research buying a HondaCare warranty online and canceling the 3rd party one you bought. I believe real HondaCare will be much cheaper and also better coverage. Just a thought, do as you prefer of course
Thanks for the suggestion! This dealer did not offer HondaCare (for whatever reason), but this 3rd party ext warranty appears to be as comprehensive as any others i've bought previously and $0 deductible so i'll take my chances. I'm not able to find anywhere to purchase HondaCare online, as everything says to buy direct from dealer. Remember too, every dealer will change the price of coverage based on the sale price of the car if they have wiggle room to move the numbers around.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion! This dealer did not offer HondaCare (for whatever reason), but this 3rd party ext warranty appears to be as comprehensive as any others i've bought previously and $0 deductible so i'll take my chances. I'm not able to find anywhere to purchase HondaCare online, as everything says to buy direct from dealer. Remember too, every dealer will change the price of coverage based on the sale price of the car if they have wiggle room to move the numbers around.
I bought an Acura once and the dealer also didn't sell Acura Care. Reason was his profit was a lot more with the aftermarket product. Not because it was as good or more comprehensive, but because he made more profit from it.

Just Google" Hyannis Honda Care" or "Honda Care" and various results come up with the different Honda dealers selling on line at similar $1350.00 or so prices. They don't price according to what you paid for the car. If the dealer is able to move numbers around, he is basically giving up profit on the product, yet still making money.

Nothing wrong with that except you may end up with an inferior product.

You got 5 years 100000 miles for $650.00 more than my 8 year 120000 mile Honda Care coverage.

Hope it does work out for you. If you do change your mind though you can usually cancel the purchase from the aftermarket company within 30 days or so.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought my Pilot Elite 2020
I paid 37,800$ all inclusive including the tax
I got many options for free including the running board and illuminated door light along with other options
I'm really skeptical of this- $38k for an Elite? Where did you buy/what state? What did doc & destination fees look like, not to mention any sales tax?

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'm really skeptical of this- $38k for an Elite? Where did you buy/what state? What did doc & destination fees look like, not to mention any sales tax?
He is in Canada.

I was very skeptical at first also, but then did some money conversion. He said he paid US $37,800 for the Canadian Elite with a cost of around Canadian $50,500.00. Using today's money conversion chart of 1.339 US $37693.28 could buy Canadian $50,500.00!!!

So if he converted US dollars into Canadian dollars to purchase, he very well could have been able to have taxes, fees, etc included in his purchase price. I have heard of US buyers going up to Canada to purchase vehicles, but I think factory warranty may be a problem when the car is brought into the United States. Also additional taxes, tariffs, and inspections.

Now did he actually convert money, or just convert the price he paid Canadian into US dollars at the exchange rate? Either way, good for him!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tg
i live in Alberta, Canada
Bought it last week was great deal after a long negotiations, I picked last day of the month so sales can meet quote requirements

·
Registered
2 Posts
2020 Pilot EX-L AWD
Paying $36,270 out the door, all taxes/fees included. No trade-in. NJ

Financed through Honda Financial. 60 mts 2.9%

·
Registered
138 Posts
What is the car price with destination charges only. As I said above Out the Door price is pretty useless to everyone else

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just looked up the dealer cost on carcostcanada.ca and offered the dealer their cost plus $800. They balked at first but eventually said okay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a 2020 Honda Pilot Touring FWD 7 passenger from Leith Honda in Raleigh.
MSRP: $44015

Price: $37530
Dealer add on: $515
Fees: $770
Tax (3% NC): 906.84

Total OTD: $39,206.84

I think I did well? Had internet quote for $500 cheaper at a dealership further away, but Leith offers free oil changes for life.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2020 Pilot EX-L AWD
Paid $36,500 OTD, taxes/fees included. No trade-in. PA
Financed through Honda Financial (60 months @ 2.9%)

·
Registered
2 Posts
2020 Pilot EX-L AWD
Paid $36,500 OTD, taxes/fees included. No trade-in. PA
Financed through Honda Financial (60 months @ 2.9%)
As hogan said earlier ,What is the car price with destination charges only. As I said above Out the Door price is pretty useless to everyone else

·
Registered
510 Posts
Not really unless people are too lazy to do a little math. Deduct 6% PA tax, and $500 for doc fees/tags.
Every state has it's own tax rate, dealer doc fee rate, license and title fees, etc so it's not a matter of being lazy to do a little math. In Ohio the doc fee it is capped at $250.00 In New York it was $80.00. In Florida there is no state regulation and some dealers have charged as much as $1000.00 for a "dealer doc fee" The state tax in Ohio varies depending on what county the car is registered in. My county collects a total of 7% car sales tax, the county next to me collects 8% sales tax.

State license and title fees are also vastly different. I pay $60.00 a year for a license plate, and I believe around $20.00 or so for a title.

Not everyone knows what each state charges or what each dealer charges.

It makes it much easier to understand the purchase price of just the vehicle when the price paid for the vehicle plus the destination fee is included in a post.

No one is being lazy at all!

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I value the info posted by others and to show my appreciation I created an account to share my OTD price. If some members don't like how I shared the info then all I have to say is "Lighten Up Francis".

181 - 200 of 232 Posts