Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
they are not selling the black edition for that low of price. I indicated it was the EX-L
Exactly! He must not be familiar with the model trim line-ups or that a big difference can also be if the vehicle is AWD or FWD.

Your $4250.00 discount on a brand new 2020 model with an MSRP of $41000.00 which has only been out a short time is a good price IMHO!

Enjoy!!

Honda 2020 Pilot Black Edition

·
Registered
1 Posts
2020 PILOT TOURING 8P AWD
$45,715 - MSRP
$39,200 - BUYING PRICE

OTD in Bay Area 43,600

I had an offer to buy service package Honda care for 1200
Or Honda care and total care for 1600. Didn’t buy any.
Are any of this packages worth it? I still have couple of days to buy the packages

·
Registered
101 Posts
Didnt
Exactly! He must not be familiar with the model trim line-ups or that a big difference can also be if the vehicle is AWD or FWD.

Your $4250.00 discount on a brand new 2020 model with an MSRP of $41000.00 which has only been out a short time is a good price IMHO!

Enjoy!!

Honda 2020 Pilot Black Edition
I should have been more precise. There were people buying EXL AWDs for 34.8 to 34.9 a few pages earlier in the thread hence my confusion on why this price was such a deal at a purchase price of 36.750

·
Registered
5 Posts
I completed the purchase of a Honda Pilot 2020 Elite yesterday. Modern Steele/Black interior

OTD Price: $43,400
NC Tax 3%
I did not transfer tags or trade-in
Items I negotiated in:
All seasons mats for entire car
Rear bumper applique
Door edge guards

Purchased at Concord Honda.

Overall experience, good. I walked in on January 30th and said I will buy a Pilot right now for 43k OTD. They said no way. I walked out, they ran out the car and offered by 44k. I said no and started to drive off. They ran out and said this is a take it or leave it price, 43,400k OTD. I said no and left. They immediately called me and said to come back, you won't get a better deal. I went to three other dealerships and couldn't even get close. I texted the dealer back and forth throughout the day and got a couple things added on (all season mats, bumper applique, door edge guards).

I was thrown a curve ball in the finance managers room. I'm not sure if this normal, a scam, or simply how it works. But basically I signed everything with the salesman, had the agreed upon price OTD, and then the finance manager said that the dealer applied the $500 Honda cash to the car price and if I wanted to get Honda financing (3years 1.9%) that I would have to pay $500 more for the car. I was absolutely furious and packed up everything and started to walk out. The finance manager was upset at me and said this isn't a dealer thing, this is a Honda rule. I said no, and said no deal i'm leaving. He said he would talk to his manager about maybe knocking some money off the $500 add-on and I said don't bother. He left the room, was back in 2 minutes and said he's never had this happen before, but he's waived the $500 fee. Again, i'm not sure if this was something real, they were trying to get $500 more out of me, or something else. That was my only bad experience in this deal, and after he waived it I had no hard feelings toward anyone. I was upset though and I would have not signed the car deal if they didn't wave it.
That is not a bad deal. Looking at Elites now. Most internet quotes are around 44k plus tax. If anyone has Costco check then and true car. I ran both and am going to try to negotiate here after lunch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone! I am new to the forum and would really appreciate your help. We are looking to buy a 2020 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD. The sale price that the dealer gave us was $36690 and out the door price will be $40000. They told us that it has the protection and suntek package. I am from Southern California and hoping anyone can help me get the lowest possible price.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Also got another quote for $35943 + taxes and other fees.
Keep getting quotes and when you find a few low ones then go back to the higher dealers and give them those ranges and see what they do. If you read this thread there were a few who bought EXL AWD for high 34s...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought a 2020 Elite Modern Steel AWD Black interior

MSRP 49215
Price dropped to 43772 with Costco rates

add ins—
Costco car program discounted dealer add ins from 1095 to 667 (39% off, thanks Costco)
I added the cargo cover for 226 (39% off again)

tag and dealer fees And tax in GA is 6.6%
Went with a warranty and 3 years of service for 2684

final price 49620

As a note, I tried looking at true car bc we have a service through work and did a bunch of internet emails and had similar results. Several dealers had additional sales that were deeper discounts today bc corporate honda added it in. Right now if you have a 2010 or newer Honda they have you another 750 as well. But my trade in was a 2003 Pilot. I would suggest doing emails with folks but be weary bc every dealer has a different fee for their back office. This one was $700. Some nearby were up to $1000.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone! I am new to the forum and would really appreciate your help. We are looking to buy a 2020 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD. The sale price that the dealer gave us was $36690 and out the door price will be $40000. They told us that it has the protection and suntek package. I am from Southern California and hoping anyone can help me get the lowest possible price.
have several dealers quote you. Use true car or Costco if you have a membership through them. I checked both and they were within $1000 of each other. They drop prices in the lot as a car sits there longer.
I used this to figure out figures
I’m pretty sure they still are making money. Msrp is just suggested values. Dealer invoices are also misleading. They get incentives back. Right now there’s a bunch. So I had some nearby dealers quote me super low on other trims.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I feel like Costco gets you a good deal but not usually the best deal

My concern is that once I get into the Costco quotes then most dealers won't want to go lower

Is there a way to get the Costco quote without having your name and info blasted to all the dealers and now they equate you with the Costco price? I guess I could sign up under my wife's name which is different last name and then preserve my identity for direct quote requests from dealer internet departments

·
Registered
5 Posts
It only locks you to one dealer nearby on Costco. It ended up being within 500 of the TrueCar one. But the true car dealer had a higher dealer fee The true car one did 3 dealers nearby based on my zip code). But all of those quotes required my name and email and phone. So I had about 20 phone calls in 2 days

·
Registered
5 Posts
The best deal was looking at dealer sales bc they are trying to drop whatever had been on the lot the longest. Honda basically fees even around 700-900 a month per car sitting there. So if they flip it fast they bypass the fee on that car. I had some quotes that were crazy good in email but I wanted an elite and the deals were exl. So if you want an exl, you may be in luck.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The best deal was looking at dealer sales bc they are trying to drop whatever had been on the lot the longest. Honda basically fees even around 700-900 a month per car sitting there. So if they flip it fast they bypass the fee on that car. I had some quotes that were crazy good in email but I wanted an elite and the deals were exl. So if you want an exl, you may be in luck.
I do want an EXL AWD

I was going to start looking in a month when the weather warms up a bit

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks like my family is jumping into the Pilot life.

Coastal SC
Have a written offer for a new 2020 EX-L fwd
$34750 out the door.
So far no extras or add-ons.

Feel this is a pretty good deal

141 - 155 of 155 Posts