Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am to the point where depressing the button to deactivate the auto stop/start is 2nd nature to me. I get in the car, start the engine, buckle my seat beat, disengage the stop/start and then put it into gear. Since we only have one car, there is no confusion as I am not switching between cars. The time I do like this function is when I get gas at Costco on my way home from work. Each aisle has 3 pumps and there is usually three or more cars in front on me. Rather then letting the car idle for five or minutes, I activate the start/stop and depress the brake pedal and when it's time to drive up to the pump, foot off of the brake and it starts again. BTW, Costco gas is $3.19/gallon in SoCal and the other Top Tier stations are $3.79+ per gallon so a short wait is worth while.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I had auto-stop turned off and was able to stomp the gas pedal and leap forward like a drag racer as soon as the light turned green, only to be t-boned by someone in cross traffic running a red light. From now on, I will leave auto-stop enabled.
OK, that never happened. But the scenario is just as silly as the one where the delay of waiting for auto-stop to restart increases the chance of being t-boned.
If you want to drive like Don Prudhomme or Tom McEwen, I'm fine with that. Why did you not choose a fast and furious vehicle that supports that sort of driving?

Having said that, I have to admit that this latest issue with auto-stop turning into actual-stop in 2016 models is concerning. I suspect a weak battery, but so far nobody has come forth with any evidence to either support or refute that. If anyone finds a good fix (besides rewiring your console/voiding warranties), be sure and report it here.
Next time try looking both ways. Just because you have a green light doesn't mean the cross traffic will stop for their red. You should attend a legit driver safety course.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I highly advise canceling those plans as my company invented the aftermarket Auto Start/Stop memory module and has had a PATENT PENDING on the technology for nearly two years now.

As such, we're already working on a plug and play solution for the Pilots, other Honda/Acura models, and MANY other vehicles (nearly all).

Good luck.

~J

The module is already done .

Good luck to you.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
When will you start marketing it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you. Send me your phone number, let's chat. If your module doesn't infringe on our existing IP then you are good to go. I would just hate to see a costly legal battle arise later on that could have easily been prevented. :)
A patent pending status does not give you enforceable IP protection rights. He beat you to market, suck it up and stop trying to scare him.

Alejandro, don't call or chat with this guy, you have nothing to gain by doing so.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A patent pending status does not give you enforceable IP protection rights. He beat you to market, suck it up and stop trying to scare him.

Alejandro, don't call or chat with this guy, you have nothing to gain by doing so.
It’s ok , anybody is welcome to post a solution or product , nothing to afraid, maybe my product or solution not everybody like it, I think more options better for the people.

Pm anytime if you’re interested.

Regards

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you. Send me your phone number, let's chat. If your module doesn't infringe on our existing IP then you are good to go. I would just hate to see a costly legal battle arise later on that could have easily been prevented. :)
This isnt how any of this works. Unless you have deep pockets your chance at winning is low before you bankrupt yourself.

·
Registered
12 Posts
He surely did not beat us to market. We've had products that utilize this technology in circulation since 2017.

And sure, while a patent pending does not provide immediate enforceable IP protection rights, it does however make it easier for us to later secure treble damages for willful infringement. In other words, every dollar he generates selling his knockoff version could later be awarded to us, times three!

Frankly, your advice that he not at least have a discussion with us is reckless at best.
Five years ago I worked as an IP and international trade compliance attorney for a fortune 50 manufacturing company, 8 hours a day 40 hours a week on cases just like this. Having a similar product does not mean he stole your IP - the guy never worked for you or had access to any of your drawings or designs. Damages - what are your damages? You don't even have a product out yet! I don't really care what you do, but you should consider talking to an independent IP attorney to get your facts straight.

My advice about not talking to you is not reckless, its the best advice he's ever going to get without legal representation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We're extraordinarily experienced with IP enforcement matters, and we do have the financial means (and intentions) to protect our IP to the fullest extent of the law. My previous posts simply served as an informal notice of sorts to potentially save us both the hassle later on. Many times issues like these can be resolved by having a level-headed discussion, which I've clearly offered here.

Anyhow, it's quite disconcerting to see that you support a (potential) knockoff product after we've worked tirelessly to develop this technology for the Pilot community and beyond.
Again, you don't even have a product out yet and your calling his a knockoff! You're just being an internet bully flexing some quasi legal arguments to scare people - plain and simple.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's an interesting story and all, but I can assure you that you're greatly mistaken. I am not going to delve into the intricacies of IP law and patent prosecution with you. Beyond this project, I am the CEO of an agency that conducts IP-related monitoring, investigations and enforcement activities each and every day, with an industry-leading 100% success rate for our brand clients. We have dozens of leading IP attorneys on the payroll, and I'm talking well seasoned litigation attorneys... not attorneys that sit around filing trademark apps all day.

Furthermore, you should re-read what I wrote because your assertions clearly conflict with my statements.
Oh wow, I didn't realize you were also such an expert in law. I'm intrigued in your story of how you balance being a CEO with dozens of attorneys working for you, and finding the time to design modules for Pilots. As CEO, would you mind telling us more...like the name of your agency? I'm sure there folks here that could use your companies services.

Edit: I'm also genuinely curious - If you were to take legal action against Alejandro today, what would you state your damages to be?

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's obvious you were never an attorney, because if you were, you would know that there is no basis for a claim until such time the patent grants.

Because you continue to express flawed logic and are seemingly devoid of critical thinking skills, I'm done discussing this matter with you. Who knows... maybe you're just some guy who likes to troll around the internet ... either way. Best of luck in your future endeavors!
Let's try this one more time -

Could you tell us who you are, your companies name, and what your damages would be?

No reason to hide here, we're all friends driving the same car.

It's obvious you were never an IP attorney, because if you were, you would know that there is no basis for a claim until such time the patent grants.
This is literally what I've been trying to get you to understand from my very first post, Mr. CEO Engineer Lawyer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Actually, I also just created my own auto-start module and plan on marketing it soon. I'm very worried that I might have infringed on your patent, and would like to also resolve it with you. Could you provide me your information, or your attorneys, so I can contact you?

·
Super Moderator
15,127 Posts
People who come here with an idea that could help the community should not arrive with intents to disrupt the community and threaten members. We have had members successfully design and manufacture parts in the past such as the VCM muzzler and been allowed to market them.

Jorantes has been banned from the community.

121 - 139 of 139 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
138 Replies
77 Participants
Rocky
Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums
Piloteers.org forum community offers tech info, troubleshooting, modification DIY’s and discussion for the Honda Pilot SUV.
Full Forum Listing