Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've only had mine a few weeks, but I don't think it's that bad. It's very simple to just push the button to turn it off.
I almost NEVER have to push the button to turn it off because the vast majority of the time it doesn't work anyhow!

Latest thing I found which I mentioned in a different post is that if the fan is on, even in low or mid range and just drawing in outside air (no heat or A/C turned on) the AIS doesn't work. The minute I shut the HVAC completely off, it will work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I almost NEVER have to push the button to turn it off because the vast majority of the time it doesn't work anyhow!

Latest thing I found which I mentioned in a different post is that if the fan is on, even in low or mid range and just drawing in outside air (no heat or A/C turned on) the AIS doesn't work. The minute I shut the HVAC completely off, it will work.

Mine has been working because sometimes I forget to disable it as soon as I get into the car, but I get reminded to turn it off when I'm at a stop light and i hear the engine start back up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The idle stop is maddening, and I hate having to remember to turn it off every time I start the car. Using it feels unsafe, as it shaves a fraction of a second off your acceleration, which is unnerving when pulling across a busy highway in front of a truck. I bought a V6 because I WANTED power and quick acceleration, when I need it. In hindsight, this is the feature that should have been a deal killer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Checking around I found the following time delay momentary contact single shot 12v relay, would this not work if just tapped into the two wires that manually turn this nuisance off after the car is started?

HRDS120 - HRDS Series - Single Shot Time Delay Relays - Littelfuse

The HRDS Series combines an electromechanical relay output with microcontroller timing circuitry. It offers 12 to 230V operation in five options and factory fixed, onboard or external adjustable time delays with a repeat accuracy of ±0.5%. The output contact rating allows for direct operation of heavy loads, such as compressors, pumps, blower motors, heaters, etc. This series is ideal for OEM applications where cost is a factor.

Operation (Single Shot)
Input voltage must be applied before and during timing. Upon momentary or maintained closure of the initiate switch, the output relay energizes for a measured interval of time. At the end of the delay, the output de-energizes. Opening or reclosing the initiate switch during timing has no affect on the time delay. The output will energize if the initiate switch is closed when input voltage is applied.
Reset: Reset occurs when the time delay is complete and the initiate switch is opened. Loss of input voltage resets the time delay and output.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know how to prevent the dash light from coming on? That thing is as annoying as the auto stop function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does the light stay on on the dash after this mod has been done? Can't wait to get this done. Major props to RGVPilot!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2019 Touring Pilot and there is no Green wire. There is another Black wire in the same pin location (perhaps same). Haven’t tried VOM but was wondering if any other 2019 owners have pin out or tried this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Disable Auto Stop function

Just bought a new 2017 Touring (leftover). Did a lot of research on the auto stop and found the following; if you want to disable the auto stop without having to push the button on the console each time you start the car, do the following: With the engine OFF, open the hood. Start the car. With the engine running, close the hood. The auto stop function will not activate. You will need to do this with each remote fob. To turn auto start on so it can be controlled by the button on the console do the following: With the car running, OPEN the hood. Turn off the engine. Close the hood. Auto stop now works as it should. Sounds strange but I've tried it and it works.

Well I tried this on 2019 Touring with AWD and it works!
Great heads up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I tried this on 2019 Touring with AWD and it works!
Great heads up.
I just tried opening the hood on my 2018 Elite AWD and the remote will not start the car with the hood open..Has anyone with a 2018 had success with this method and if so would they please post a detail of how they accomplished it? Thanks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I just tried opening the hood on my 2018 Elite AWD and the remote will not start the car with the hood open..Has anyone with a 2018 had success with this method and if so would they please post a detail of how they accomplished it? Thanks.
Start the car from inside using the push button start. It is a safety function that prevents the remote from working with the hood opened or the hood open light on.

Imagine if someone were working with their hands near the fan blade or other dangerous parts of the engine and someone started the car with a remote!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Start the car from inside using the push button start. It is a safety function that prevents the remote from working with the hood opened or the hood open light on.

Imagine if someone were working with their hands near the fan blade or other dangerous parts of the engine and someone started the car with a remote!
I was just following the "Fix" posted below, sorry for the confusion.
"Disable Auto Stop function
Just bought a new 2017 Touring (leftover). Did a lot of research on the auto stop and found the following; if you want to disable the auto stop without having to push the button on the console each time you start the car, do the following: With the engine OFF, open the hood. Start the car. With the engine running, close the hood. The auto stop function will not activate. You will need to do this with each remote fob."

Anyway I did it from inside and it worked for several trips but has now reset itself to now kill the engine again at a light.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I was just following the "Fix" posted below, sorry for the confusion.
"Disable Auto Stop function
Just bought a new 2017 Touring (leftover). Did a lot of research on the auto stop and found the following; if you want to disable the auto stop without having to push the button on the console each time you start the car, do the following: With the engine OFF, open the hood. Start the car. With the engine running, close the hood. The auto stop function will not activate. You will need to do this with each remote fob."

Anyway I did it from inside and it worked for several trips but has now reset itself to now kill the engine again at a light.
Need to do this with each remote fob means you have to have each fob present when you do the engine off, open the hood, start the car (from inside the car with either the key or the push button on the dash), close the hood with the engine running, then shut off the car.

Do this with one fob present inside the car, then remove that fob and do the procedure again with the other fob present.

I haven't done this as I like the Auto Stop Feature and leave it on all of the time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the same setup and it doesn’t appear to work. I had a 2016 and did it, worked flawlessly. But when using it with the new black wire in the same slot, it does not work.

What I experience is that when I start the car it is not disabled. But when I wiggle the wire in the new slot with the black wire it will then turn on.

My experience is that the slot is not as big or the connector is bigger. Just not working. Reverting back until I can find a solution.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It would be convenient if you could disable the start/stop permanently by hitting a button but you can't so the question is how freaking hard is to hit a button located adjacent to the shift buttons every time you start the car? The answer is it's about as easy as they could make it and those who describe the procedure as "maddening" or "a deal breaker" or anything other than every so slightly annoying at times truly have first world problems. Let's get a grip people and maintain some perspective.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know if this will help but I owned a '17 Grand Cherokee with Stop / Start. While reading the manual I came upon the instances where it will not activate. One of which was an open hood. I found the switch on the left fender side that compresses down when the hood is closed to tell the computer all is well. I pulled the switch out of its holder and tied it down on its side so it could not compress. This tells the computer the hood is open when its actually not and thus Stop / Start will not function. Had to live with the idiot light in the dash but it was worth it to get away from this system.
Great idea, I have a 19 pilot I may have to resort to trying this and living with a any open-hood alert dash lights :unsure:....Problem I foresee is dealer will fix my hack when taken for service.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Recently did this mod. Works like a charm! Thanks to the original poster who figured this out!

·
Registered
5 Posts
very cool and simple enough and also easily reversible. should be stickied.

I wish there was a way to still turn it on though. meaning it stays off by default then turn on after pressing the button
I'm currently making a module who allows to start the car default off but the functionality will remain the same.

For those people still has this car.

Regards.

101 - 120 of 139 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.