Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi guys

I recently bought a used 2009 LX with 50K miles on it. Runs smooth as silk, it is very hard to tell when it goes into ECO mode if I'm not looking for the light.

I'm wondering whether there is any reason for me to disable VCM at all? BTW, I'm leaning towards S-VCM if I go for it, and would like to know whether anybody using that has connected the power wire to a switched source to prevent battery drain. In other words, does S-VCM need continuous power, or only when it is running?

Thanks!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Happy with S-VCM

I've got the S-VCM and have been happy with it.

Just towed 1400 lbs + family & gear up to 6500' altitude with it, monitoring both the ATF temp and the engine temp using my OBDII scanner and Torque Pro app. Engine temp was very consistent the entire time, mostly deviating only when I slowed down to parking-lot speeds. I don't remember now if it was 161.7 or 167.1
but I have never seen the ECO light nor any CELs since I installed it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I keep getting an error when trying to reply...so, excuse me if this shows up multiple times.
My 2011 pilot variable timing solenoid is bad and I was wondering if I can bypass it with the VCMuzzler and avoid replacing the solenoid?

It seems to me you want to replace that solenoid ASAP, or you may not get sufficient oil flow to critical parts. While it may play a part in the VCM, it controls valve lift and is critical to good engine performance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts