Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Other than minor oil consumption - what negatives do you observe when the ECO light is on? Is it only when the ECO light is on?

Reason I ask, is that we have been driving our 2011, since 2014, and havent really noticed any ill effects of the VCM thus far. She is always .5 to .75 quarts low between 9000 mile oil changes.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have had the VCM on my 09 touring for about 2 years now and today the Pilot stalled while going down the road, luckily residential street at 5 MPH.
See the Temp Gauge?? I am worried that the VCM may/will damage the engine as it did not let the car register high temp and when it couldn't take it anymore the Car stalled.
I have only 78k miles so wondering if the water pump may be an issue?
I pulled over and the Pilot started right up and sounded very smooth, but now I have the "Check Engine" light and the Display shows "Check Emission System" and "Water Temp Hot" message.
I'll take it to my mechanic tomorrow and see what Codes it displays.
Check engine light
Your post is confusing. Which model device did you buy/install? The S-VCM, or the VCMuzzler II, or something else?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I had the "VCMTUNER for 2007+ models CARB 120"
The funny thing is that the Radiator Cap is not hot at all and the coolant is at good level.
I am thinking I have a Stuck Thermostat.
I'll remove the VCM Tuner and check...
Interesting. Stuck tstat, or bad temp sensor, or bad VCMTuner. I hope it really didn't get that hot!

The VCMTuner is a simple resistor. It does not keep it from showing changes in temperature. It simply changes the needle position because of the change in resistance. With a resistor in place, the needle still goes up in an overheat condition, it just doesn't go all the way up in the range. If yours was pegged, that means the car DID get "told" from the sensor circuit that the resistance is very low. This makes me wonder if you likely have a failed ECT sensor, or your VCMtuner failed.

The simplest thing to do, is to remove the VCMtuner, check fluid levels, and start the car watching the temp gauge. The fans should kick in when full operating temp is reached, although that might take a while depending on your ambient temps. You can feel your upper radiator hose, it should get hot after a bit, as the thermostat opens.

·
Registered
604 Posts
P1108 is a barometric pressure fault, which is inside the ECU. That's weird.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts