Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

If you had your injectors replaced, please select the best response:

• Factory VCM active, and using Top-Tier Gasoline

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Factory VCM active, and using NON-Top-Tier Gasoline

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Disabled VCM (S-VCM, Muzzler, VCMTuner, etc), and using Top-Tier Gasoline

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disabled VCM (S-VCM, Muzzler, VCMTuner, etc), and using NON-Top-Tier Gasoline

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just had my injectors replaced under extended warranty. Truck was in the dealership 4 times in the last 3 months for the same issue. Dealer kept resetting the computer stating I use bad gas even though I told them otherwise. On my fourth trip to the dealer I brought every receipt for fuel since day 1 I took ownership of the new truck. I keep logs of KM's driven per day and the only place I get fuel is Shell and it's premium without Ethanol.

I had to help the service manger close his mouth when he looked over my records. They finally replaced O2 Sensors, Injectors, Cat converter and it seems better. My RPM's fluctuate like others however I believe that's related to the transmission fluid needing to be changed.

I have 73,000 KM on the truck which I bought brand new and I can't believe how frustrating it's been at the dealer. When I bought the extended warranty I was thinking I wasted money; but thankfully I'm covered to 120KM.....Thinking I need to pay to extended to 200KM!
the dealer experience in Canada is just horrible. People are running from Honda because of this. Diagnostic fee's for all warranty / blame the customer. It's infuriating. Glad you had the extended warranty and kept the gas receipts. I can't believe they balked and pushed back at you for what is a known problem with this engine in all models. Are you in GTA area ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm in Newmarket so relatively close to the GTA. Yes my experience has been poor and I feel bad others at the counter when paying bills for diagnosis the dealer still can't fix the errors.

When I walk into the dealer pretty much all the service technician's call me by name. Either they have really good customer service or I've been a regular customer for all the wrong reasons!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm in Newmarket so relatively close to the GTA. Yes my experience has been poor and I feel bad others at the counter when paying bills for diagnosis the dealer still can't fix the errors.

When I walk into the dealer pretty much all the service technician's call me by name. Either they have really good customer service or I've been a regular customer for all the wrong reasons!
We are neighbours - The Stouffville dealership is owned by the same people.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I was at my dealer for service on my CR-V last week, and happened to ask if they were seeing fuel injector problems with the Pilots. The Service Adviser said they are seeing a lot of them, and that Honda is extending the warranty on fuel injectors to 80,000 miles.

Has anyone else heard this, or seen anything in writing confirming this?

Either way, I'm happy because I know my dealer will cover me at least until 80k miles now....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was at my dealer for service on my CR-V last week, and happened to ask if they were seeing fuel injector problems with the Pilots. The Service Adviser said they are seeing a lot of them, and that Honda is extending the warranty on fuel injectors to 80,000 miles.

Has anyone else heard this, or seen anything in writing confirming this?

Either way, I'm happy because I know my dealer will cover me at least until 80k miles now....

·
Registered
164 Posts
Got multiple warning lights and warning messages last week around 41.5 K. Dealer reset code, said it was cylinder misfires and asked to report back it the problem happened again. It did, this week. Took it back to the dealer and they said they are replacing the fuel injectors.

Apparently, they now have updated or upgraded fuel injectors from Honda and they should fix the problem.

Interesting that this problem happens around 41 or 42K for many folks here.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts