Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like Toyota is getting into the Tall-and-Boxy look ala the Element. I spoke to the owner and he said it was made by Toyota for sale in California only. He said it was a Zion, but I couldn't find anything about it on the web. I'll ask my Toyota contact tomorrow about it.

Attachments

·
Registered
608 Posts
it's spelt Scion, so maybe thats why you can't find anything. i dont think they're just for california though.

www.scion.com

both models xA and xB come with a 108 hp 4 cyl with VVT-i and prices start in the mid $10k area. they're supposed to have lost of accessories and upgrades available from toyota, but i never looked into it because them Scions just dont interest me....:D

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
iivtecracerii said:
it's spelt Scion, so maybe thats why you can't find anything. i dont think they're just for california though.

www.scion.com

both models xA and xB come with a 108 hp 4 cyl with VVT-i and prices start in the mid $10k area. they're supposed to have lost of accessories and upgrades available from toyota, but i never looked into it because them Scions just dont interest me....:D
I spell it FUGLY.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Scion Marketing

So, it appears that Scion is going to be the new entry division for Toyota, with Lexus at the other end of the spectrum.

For those interested, here's an article from Toyota.com about the Scion division:

------------------------------------------
Toyota.com (July 1, 2003)
<i>
Scion, the new car marque from TMS that launched June 9 in California only, closed out the month with a total of 1,351 units sold. The Scion xB caught buyers' eyes with its sharp edges and posted sales of 900 units. The xA, the muscular subcompact five-door, enjoyed sales of 451 units.

"Gen Y is a tremendous force in the marketplace and will eventually rival the Boomers for dominance," said Jim Farley, vice president of Scion. "Both Scion products and the sales process are off to a good start, attracting buyers with a median age of 33 years-old, approximately 60 percent of whom are first time Toyota buyers."
</i>
------------------------------------------

Don't you just love that spin? -

<i>The Scion xB caught buyers' eyes with its sharp edges and posted sales of 900 units.</i>
Interpretation: The less fugly box sold twice as much as the wedge.

<i>The xA, the muscular subcompact five-door, enjoyed sales of 451 units.</i>
Interpretation: The fuglier wedge sold half as much as the less aerodynamic box.

Doesn't the median age of 33 seem a bit high?

·
Registered
94 Posts
iivtecracerii said:
i dont think they're just for california though.
They're initially selling the cars in Cali. Sometime during the summer of 04, they'll start selling in other markets.

The boxy xB has been around in Japan for a while now (as the bB) so there are alot of aftermarket part available.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts