Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

701 - 705 of 705 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Picked up our 2015 Elite yesterday with the replacement transmission at 107,000 (or so) miles. The tech had told me that what I'd get was a remanufactured transmission. If it lasts another 100,000+ miles we'll be good with it, I'm sure I'll be trading it in before then.

So far my 2019 Elite has given me no transmission issues whatsoever - it's been troublefree. I understand that some changes have been made in the transmission since the 2016 model, but I'm truly ignorant as to what they are. I haven't bought HondaCare for the 2019 model yet. My tech seemed to think it probably wasn't necessary. I know I'm sure glad I have it on the 2016 model.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Picked up our 2015 Elite yesterday with the replacement transmission at 107,000 (or so) miles. The tech had told me that what I'd get was a remanufactured transmission. If it lasts another 100,000+ miles we'll be good with it, I'm sure I'll be trading it in before then.

So far my 2019 Elite has given me no transmission issues whatsoever - it's been troublefree. I understand that some changes have been made in the transmission since the 2016 model, but I'm truly ignorant as to what they are. I haven't bought HondaCare for the 2019 model yet. My tech seemed to think it probably wasn't necessary. I know I'm sure glad I have it on the 2016 model.
Do you notice the 2019 is smoother then the 2016? People say in the 2019 refresh it starts in 2nd gear. I wanna know if you actually notice the difference between the two since you own both.

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi. I wonder if I may be experiencing the same in my 2019 touring. The car jerks when downshifting around 30mph. You had something similar? And got it fixed? How? & Thanks.
Sounds a little different, as mine jerked when upshifting, but it's probably worth a try. I have now been 5,000 miles since the software update (60,000 miles), and the transmission has been virtually flawless.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is good news. I had the software update done on my 2019 Touring last week. I hope it does the trick. Previous the dealer reset the memory in the unit and it shifted perfect for about two months and then started acting up again. I have my fingers crossed.

701 - 705 of 705 Posts