Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

701 - 709 of 709 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Picked up our 2015 Elite yesterday with the replacement transmission at 107,000 (or so) miles. The tech had told me that what I'd get was a remanufactured transmission. If it lasts another 100,000+ miles we'll be good with it, I'm sure I'll be trading it in before then.

So far my 2019 Elite has given me no transmission issues whatsoever - it's been troublefree. I understand that some changes have been made in the transmission since the 2016 model, but I'm truly ignorant as to what they are. I haven't bought HondaCare for the 2019 model yet. My tech seemed to think it probably wasn't necessary. I know I'm sure glad I have it on the 2016 model.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Picked up our 2015 Elite yesterday with the replacement transmission at 107,000 (or so) miles. The tech had told me that what I'd get was a remanufactured transmission. If it lasts another 100,000+ miles we'll be good with it, I'm sure I'll be trading it in before then.

So far my 2019 Elite has given me no transmission issues whatsoever - it's been troublefree. I understand that some changes have been made in the transmission since the 2016 model, but I'm truly ignorant as to what they are. I haven't bought HondaCare for the 2019 model yet. My tech seemed to think it probably wasn't necessary. I know I'm sure glad I have it on the 2016 model.
Do you notice the 2019 is smoother then the 2016? People say in the 2019 refresh it starts in 2nd gear. I wanna know if you actually notice the difference between the two since you own both.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi. I wonder if I may be experiencing the same in my 2019 touring. The car jerks when downshifting around 30mph. You had something similar? And got it fixed? How? & Thanks.
Sounds a little different, as mine jerked when upshifting, but it's probably worth a try. I have now been 5,000 miles since the software update (60,000 miles), and the transmission has been virtually flawless.

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is good news. I had the software update done on my 2019 Touring last week. I hope it does the trick. Previous the dealer reset the memory in the unit and it shifted perfect for about two months and then started acting up again. I have my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 Honda Pilot touring and I’m experiencing the same issues. As you drive at a low speed it jerks between 1st and 2nd gear. “Not a hard jerk but you can notice it. I’ll be contacting a Honda dealer soon to seen if any recalls or update has been done to my pilot since I did not buy it from a actual Honda dealer ship. It has 52k miles on the dash.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How is the 9speed awd for towing? Any issues? I have had no issues with my 17 exl awd. I’m up for a new one and can’t decide if I should get a six speed 2020 exl or get the 9 speed in the 2021 exl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you notice the 2019 is smoother then the 2016? People say in the 2019 refresh it starts in 2nd gear. I wanna know if you actually notice the difference between the two since you own both.
In all honesty, the 2016 shifted very smoothly (until the passing gear incident...). The 2019 shifts are maybe even smoother. Recognize that this is not a CVT; it actually shifts gears. I have absolutely no complaints about the quality of the shifts on the 2019.

·
Registered
18 Posts
How is the 9speed awd for towing? Any issues? I have had no issues with my 17 exl awd. I’m up for a new one and can’t decide if I should get a six speed 2020 exl or get the 9 speed in the 2021 exl.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have 19 Elite AWD and I am happy with tranny in both normal driving and towing situations. There is a good active thread you might want to check out.

701 - 709 of 709 Posts