Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

681 - 686 of 686 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
As far as I know there is no way to disable the start/stop function on the 2017 and newer pilots. The 2016 yes but the wiring changed in 2017 and green wire disappeared and the power wire became momentary. If there is a permanent method to disable this function in the newer pilots I hope someone can point it out without having to read 5000 posts. o_O
Check out posts #18. #20, and #27 of the following linked discussion. It shows how to do the different years including 2019 with the different wires to use for the power. Thanks to MtMan for showing the wire diagram and synstsia who did the mod and said it works.

Disable Idle Stop Start Permanently

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone else had a 9 speed replaced? We have a 2019 touring with 5000km which intermittently lurches on the 4-5 upshift
No codes and all software is up to date. Dealer waiting for confirmation on replacement. At times the shift causes mechanical noise from the transmission as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I bought a 2019 Pilot and when I test drove it the transmission was smooth and I didn’t feel it changing gears, now I’m in about 175 miles and I feel the shifts. Also I have notice these two days after como home from work about a 30 drive half highway/local I feel it shift way more specially when slowing down for a light or stop sign. Another thing I notice is while parking I hear a noise when I push the button from drive to reverse.

To anyone out there with a 2019 9 speed what’s your experience with it? And do you guys think I need to drive it more. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My 2019 Pilot Elite has had issues since shortly after purchase, in October 2018. Odd sounds and irrational shifting, at low speeds, are annoying. However, “searching” for the proper gear at highway speeds is dangerous and has become a safety issue for my family. Honda of America says the transmission is operating as it was designed. If that is accurate, advertisements should disclose the following: “You may experience cooing, snapping, bumping and rubber band noises from your transmission. When in traffic, at highway speeds, your transmission may search for the proper gear and up shift when it should downshift for more rapid acceleration.” I WILL NOT continue to subject my family to this potential highway “death trap.” Anyone here had experience with challenging an automaker under the Magnuson-Moss Act (Lemon Law).

·
Registered
113 Posts
Good luck with that Lemon law. Car has to be in the shop for over 30 days or something like that to even go into effect.

Make sure you car is in D mode and not S mode.. I have found the S mode to be incredibly annoying if you are not paddle shifting. It's easy to hit that button 2x. It will behave as you describe.

I have replaced my transmission 2x.. 1 on Honda's dime and one on mine. I'm at 188,000 miles on a 2016 Elite. So far, the 3rd transmission is fine. it's at about 68k right now.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Just saw that a 9 speed transmission TSB for the Odyssey has been updated to include the 2019 Pilot and Passport vehicles now. This is concerning harsh upshifts or jerking while accelerating and or a trouble code P0716. TSB #19-124.

The TSB calls for a software update of the TCM (Transmission Control Module)

9 Speed Transmission TSB- TCM Update

681 - 686 of 686 Posts