Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I registered but the link for instructions does not show anything and takes me to the registration page again.

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:confused: Works OK for me. Only the top portion of the screen changes...with the instructions, product list and contact info.

You could try "abandoning" the group buy and regging again.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I'm so confused about this Zaino stuff. I just read the entire Product info page. Think I need to search Zaino threads here. Anyone know anything about that new ZFX? What do I use....what do I use... hmmm..... I'll be back. :4:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Instructions and Contact Info

TheWorm said:
Only the top portion of the screen changes...with the instructions, product list and contact info.

You could try "abandoning" the group buy and regging again.
I have tried abadoning and registering again.
I get to the screen that displays:
You must be enrolled into the group buy in order to see purchase instructions. Click here to enroll.

Also number of members enrolled is 4 from morning?
:confused:

Sage,
ZFX is a replacement for Z1 Polish Lok. More info can be found here .

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll shoot Daniel a note to look into it...meantime, make sure cookies are enabled and you're logged in...

What browser & version are you running?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Re: Instructions and Contact Info

ex0904 said:

I have tried abadoning and registering again.
I get to the screen that displays:
You must be enrolled into the group buy in order to see purchase instructions. Click here to enroll.

Also number of members enrolled is 4 from morning?
:confused:

Sage,
ZFX is a replacement for Z1 Polish Lok. More info can be found here .
Thanks ex0904. I did read the Product Info on Zaino site before. Guess that's what confused me. I have now re-read it and understand a little bettter. Still have questions that I'll ask on a Zaino thread. Thanks again.
I couldn't get anywhere last night either... :(

·
Registered
116 Posts
Browser settings

IE 6.0.x
Allow all cookies for honda-pilot.org.
Allow session cookies.
Disallow all others.

·
Registered
116 Posts
What to buy?

Sage,

This is from Sal Zaino:
The basic products you will need are Z-1 or the new ZFX, Z-2, Z-5(optional, but highly recommended for swirls and especially on darker colors), Z-6 and Z-7.
Z6 is optional unless you are a perfectionist. Z5 would be appropriate instead of Z2 in your case (darker colors). Z7 is the car wash that maintains the shine. Using ZFX instead of Z1 means you do not have to wait a long time for Z2/Z5 to cure. Normally you need to wait atleast 24 hours if the outside temperature is under 70 degrees and 6 hours if over 70 degrees,
before applying the next coat of Z-5 or Z-2. ZFX allows you to apply next coat within 30 minutes. Also a little ZFX goes a long way. I have the detailed instructions and can post it if anyone needs it. I am getting the claybar as the paint surface is not smooth and has embedded impurities.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I thought it said ZFX was an additive to the Z2 or Z5? Like you'd add it to either of those that would maker the Z1 unnecesary? Wrong?

And the Z7 car wash is used only after the Zaino's are applied to maintain the shine? Using Dawn only the first pre-wash before the first Zaino application?

Gees - I'm sorry I'm such a :bonk: about this but as luck would have it, I am a perfectionist and will defintely be getting the Z6! Can't wait for that one!! :D

Thanks for your help ex0904!

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quick tip:

order 2x or 3x of z7 as you do the z2/5 (that is, if you order a bottle of z5, order 3 z7's) as you use the carwash far more than the polish.

Order 2x of z6 as you do a polish.

In my experience, peeps with darker cars should skip z2 altogether and just get z5. It lends a deeper shine, and people w/light cars can prolly skip z5 as swirls tend not to show on the lighter colors.

Re: difficulty w/instructions. If we can't get it fixed by tomorrow, I'll set up an email autoresponder for those having trouble w/it.

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sage said:
I thought it said ZFX was an additive to the Z2 or Z5? Like you'd add it to either of those that would maker the Z1 unnecesary? Wrong?

And the Z7 car wash is used only after the Zaino's are applied to maintain the shine? Using Dawn only the first pre-wash before the first Zaino application?
Both statements are correct. ZFX instead of Z1, as an additive to z2/5. z7 wash is regular carwash. You only use Dawn the first time (as prep) to strip any existing wax/grime.

Quick note on cure times. 24 hr cure time (sans ZFX) is AFTER you've wiped off the product and only matters if you want to do multiple coats @ once (layering). Dry time is obviously less than that, but depends on ambient temp and humidity.

Out here in CA, a coat dries in 20-30 minutes. Still gotta wait til the next day to do another coat (if layering) since cure time is unchanged (8-24 hrs).

However, if it's cold where you live, dry time could be as much as 2 hrs. ZFX will knock it down to 30 minutes.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Worm...

OK - Thanks much! I think I got it... Whew!

·
Registered
119 Posts
just ordered a bottle of Z-2. We have owned our Pilot for about 5 months now...........should be time to wax.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Tirespin said:
just ordered a bottle of Z-2. We have owned our Pilot for about 5 months now...........should be time to wax.
IMHO Z5 is more appropriate for your Pilot as it removes swirl marks from darker colors. Also Z2 works in combination with Z1 or ZFX and can not be used standalone.

Still facing problems with the ordering instructions
:1zhelp:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Wow, this stuff adds up fast - close to a Ben Franklin for what I think I would need even with the price break. Are these products really that superior to other good quality finish enhancers? I just polished mine for the lst time and used some old Meguiars Mirror Glaze #26 (hi-tech yellow wax) price 8.99- hardly used any of it. Looks great to me and I know that my son sure had an excellent shine on his black Accord. Also, when I reviewed the Zaino site order form it indicated any order over $25 would receive a free applicator (314). Does this apply to the group buy? Would they be willing to provide a free applicator for each additional $25 increment on a single order as an additional incentive. When your talking this kinda dough for something I really don't need it might help get me off the fence.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Group Buy

TheWorm said:
I'll shoot Daniel a note to look into it...meantime, make sure cookies are enabled and you're logged in...

What browser & version are you running?
No luck here..... Definately want to join.

Tim, could you add me?

I would be extremely grateful.... :2:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts