Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the dealership tricks well explained. How many have you seen and were you able to walk? What are your counter moves? Or do you just buy online?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The real suckers are the ones who fall for the line "Be sure to share this video with your friends on social media."
I don't go to the dealers, I send out an email to both local and online dealers specifying exactly what I want including all options and ask them to send their best price, you get one shot so make it your best. Don't price anything I haven't asked for. Only the winner will hear from me again. Best of luck!

Some I get prices back from, others won't give an offer and say things like, "Come on in and we'll make you a deal we can't offer online" or "Bring your trade in so we can look at it and we'll give you the most for it along with a fantastic price." Of course they never hear from me again.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The office I was working in back in 2002 didn't have internet access, yet.
Some other companies that didn't get on the internet by 2002 are Blockbusters, Borders and Tower Records. Who? You ask? ... Exactly. No longer around. Even today, I wonder why Honda hasn't taken better advantage of the internet. Firmware updates could be done transparently to fix things without having to admit anything. "Man, this Pilot used to shake like hell, now all of a sudden it rides smooth as silk. Huh."

I know! A free 5G equipped Pilot if you sign up for a 10 year contract with Verizon.

·
Read Only
187 Posts
You have to be willing to walk away when the negotiating starts, if they don't negotiate I walk away. My last purchase was started with a sales person and it was the general manager of large Lexus Dealership that had to close it. He had a good amount of time invested and I would of walked but we eventually got a deal done. I ended up with a Lexus Certified pre owned vehicle with Complimentary Maintenance covering the next four factory-recommended services for two years, Road side assistance ((which got used once for a dead battery(I replaced)), Trip Interruption, Loaner car, and like a 6 year extended drivetrain warranty unlimited miles something like that, and I think some other things.
No issues except they kept texting me about using the 4 Free factory recommended services. No thanks did it myself. Hint Hint Free factory recommended service means your probable gone overpay for a brake job or something.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,304 Posts
Yes, but don't forget the real first internet in 1897 in inventor, Al Gore's house.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,303 Posts
All the dealership tricks well explained. How many have you seen and were you able to walk? What are your counter moves? Or do you just buy online?

Ha, YouTube's algorithms recommended that video for you, too? Just how much have those crafty AI series of tubes figured out about us?

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Yes, but don't forget the real first internet in 1897 in inventor, Al Gore's house.

·
Read Only
187 Posts
Ha, YouTube's algorithms recommended that video for you, too? Just how much have those crafty AI series of tubes figured out about us? View attachment 145227
Here your new world -

You have not seen anything yet now they got the quantum computers and AI working in tandem add 100G speed to that in the future!
Quantum Entanglement, Code Breaking, Encryption breaking all super easy and quick.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Here your new world -

You have not seen anything yet now they got the quantum computers and AI working in tandem add 100k speed to that in the future!
Quantum Entanglement, Code Breaking, Encryption breaking all super easy and quick.
Whoever upped that video also committed an aspect ratio violation.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,409 Posts
I didn't watch the video but I've seen several videos about buying cars. They are all incredibly stupid. They tell you to negotiate the taxes because the dealer marks up the taxes you have to pay to register the video. I feel sorry for the poor salesman who have to deal with the idiots who come in demanding they take $1,000 off the $2,500 in taxes they have to pay. Lots of these videos are click bait.

My advice: buy private.
You are much more likely to get a good deal and you are dealing with someone who just wants to get rid of the car. They aren't worried about their commission or anything like that.
I've found that when you're dealing with higher priced private party sales, they will be willing to negotiate quite a bit because most people don't have access to $30k in cash to buy a car and that's why dealers are easier because you can finance.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.