Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We want your Honda in top shape after it's been parked for a long time.

Even if it hasn’t traveled much due to COVID-19, the computers inside your Honda haven’t stopped. They store the data that helps create a smooth ride anytime you drive.

Those computers draw some power. A little power over time adds up to enough of a drain that your car may not start when you do eventually push the start button. And if you’re taking the car for short, 5-minute drives to recharge it, you may actually be depleting your battery further.

Every start pushes a weak battery closer to failing, which can lead to worse problems:
Unusual engine idling behavior
Strange transmission shifting
Loss of any driver-based settings
We’re offering a complimentary battery analysis.
Schedule yours now, and if your vehicle needs a new battery, we have Honda Genuine batteries made precisely to give you the best performance.

Literally just got the above from Honda. Honestly don’t know what to think of it but is this a ploy to sell batteries? The truck is barely 2 years old yet or well, close to 2. But wasn’t expecting to be considering changing batteries until after 3 years at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
We want your Honda in top shape after it's been parked for a long time.

Even if it hasn’t traveled much due to COVID-19, the computers inside your Honda haven’t stopped. They store the data that helps create a smooth ride anytime you drive.

Those computers draw some power. A little power over time adds up to enough of a drain that your car may not start when you do eventually push the start button. And if you’re taking the car for short, 5-minute drives to recharge it, you may actually be depleting your battery further.

Every start pushes a weak battery closer to failing, which can lead to worse problems:
Unusual engine idling behavior
Strange transmission shifting
Loss of any driver-based settings
We’re offering a complimentary battery analysis.
Schedule yours now, and if your vehicle needs a new battery, we have Honda Genuine batteries made precisely to give you the best performance.

Literally just got the above from Honda. Honestly don’t know what to think of it but is this a ploy to sell batteries? The truck is barely 2 years old yet or well, close to 2. But wasn’t expecting to be considering changing batteries until after 3 years at least.
Call the service department and tell them that you're afraid to go out there because of COVID-19.
Ask if they can send someone to your home to perform the "complimentary battery analysis".

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take it out on the highway for like 20 miles and turn around. That’ll recharge the battery.
It’s not a message that I believe is unique to my truck. I believe everyone who’s running a 2019 will get this message at some point. Mine has no issues and been running the vehicle every now and then - just not with the same frequency pre-Covid.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you are worried about this just get yourself a battery tender and plug it in. I use them on my motorcycles when they are parked for the winter.
Thanks for sharing. Mine is not sitting for months without use but definitely not running everyday due to our current situation with this pandemic. I guess Honda is just being proactive and since the service is complimentary will consider checking them out. I just wanted to see if anyone had gotten the same message and any feedback from their experience after using the service.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Like @Jack Vogt I have been putting more miles on my cars since COVID started. Many of the items he mentioned plus just going for a drive for an hour or two just to get myself or the kids out of the house.

I have been rotating what I drive to make sure nothing sits for too long.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Did you really just call your Pilot a "truck?"
Yep! I did. Were you expecting me to call it a car? Yes, we all know it fits into the category of SUV. And we can bore ourselves with all the semantics. The size, ground clearance, off-road capabilities, the fact it can haul as much as 5K pounds and more, makes it look more like a truck than it is a car.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,850 Posts

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts