Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My thread asking the question about the Engine Knocking/Pinging got some great responses and I am proud to say - with all of your responses and help - MY PROBLEM IS SOLVED!!!

I went out this morning, found the accelerator cable bracket (which is attached to the outside of the driver's side strut housing) and bent it back about a 1/4 inch - and whammo - PROBLEM SOLVED.

I took my PILOT out for a good test run after bending the bracket back - and my engine purred like a kitten.

I am one HAPPY GUY and I have you guys to thank for it!!!!

Honda-Pilot.org and its high quality members made my weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Yes they are. I would know almost nothing about this car without all of the people that make up this community.

I'm glad your problem is fixed and will now know what it is if it happens to me.

Gotta love this place.

:29: :29: :29:

·
Registered
602 Posts
I love it!!! Simple and free fix to an annoying problem that could have cost lots of $$$$ if you took it to the dealer. Great group of people here at Honda Pilot.org.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Woohoo!!! PilotinginCO!! Glad that you were able to get rid of the noise right away. But I figured you would have searched and already had known about it and tried the throttle cable bracket trick out before you posted about your knocking/pinging problem. Especially since you've been around this site for quite sometime and you even said in your post that you knew the subject has been discussed here extensively. Oh, well, silly me to have assumed that.

Nevertheless, glad that you've had more luck with the trick than I did. Now, go cancel that appointment you have with the dealer :) Good Job!

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
:claphead: :claphead: :roadtrip:

great....

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Yo, kemo, group hug time!:18:

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RipRock

I was nervous about starting a new thread, especially on this question. The only reason I did, is because of the specific nature of the engine knock and I wasn't sure if my problem applied because I didn't see those kinds of specifics mentioned. They may have been, but for some reason, my memory and searching abilities have been lousy this week.

Honda-Pilot.org saved me a lot of headache this weekend!!!!

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts