Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the Yokohama Geolander A/T G105, or any other similarly rated 109H XL tire on a third-gen pilot? The online tire stores say it doesn't fit my 2020 EX-L, and I suspect it's because they are 109H XL rather than 105H SL, in other words a heavier load rated tire. I'm looking at stock size 245/60/18. I'm wondering if an XL rated tire is going to be too stiff.

Also interested in impressions of the A/T G105 as a general use tire, that will see the occasional gravel or dirt road and the occasional snowy paved road, but mostly just western US pavement.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I've used the TireRack thing before and never noticed the G015 showing up. I think it was Discount Tire's website that said it didn't fit.

Now to see if anyone has tried this, and how does it ride.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EX-L AWD, 265-60-18 Defender LTX M/S
523 Posts
I have the MIchelin Defender LTX M/S in 110T (265-60-18). in my wifes opinion it rides better than the factory Bridgestone Dueler Sports and the Conti Wintercontact SI.

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
Thanks. I've used the TireRack thing before and never noticed the G015 showing up. I think it was Discount Tire's website that said it didn't fit.
Now to see if anyone has tried this, and how does it ride.
There have been several posts from Piloteers who have installed the G015 tires. All seem to like them, thus far.

In a comparison test, TireRack described the ride of the G015 as "nicely-damped, slightly firm" and "the most car-like of the group."
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=249

·
Registered
139 Posts
I didn't buy those, I bought the YK740 GTX.. 3rd set of Tires..
Continentals first time.. loved them 110k miles or so
Michelin for second set.. Great tire 100k miles or so
Yokohama for 3rd and final set.

I've put 15k on them so far and I really like them. They seem to do better in standing water that we get from our sudden down pours. They have stayed quiet on the interstate so far. This is normally my biggest gripe when I move away from Michelin or Continental.. The other brands seem to get louder as they age.

I'm glad I tried them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts