Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday,I started my Pilot,as I turned the key just right before it would get started,a long buzzzzzing sound came out from somewhere around that left air vent(next to driver window)but it got started alright and since,everytime I crank it it buzzes like a baby goat.Any ideas what that is ?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still no clue

It still does that noise,a friend of mine who is a tech at Nissan will have a look at it.So far no lights or anything has happened,just that buzzzzz.Will let you all know what it is.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let say that it takes 10 on scale to get the engine started,when the key is at 9.5 the sound comes up and it sounds like a old car I had with radio on and the automatic radio antenna coming up .Hope this may help to immagine what the sound is like.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Does it sound like...

the same sound a starter solenoid makes when the battery is low?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Exactly

Yeah,sounds just like that.Not sure if it's the case.Battery voltage meter not showing low and no lights or whatsoever.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The friend of mine took it to shop and what he found out was the ignition relay which makes the buzz sound.He said no need to fix.just crank it little fast and will not make that sound.So it's normal.Hope he was right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts