Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the yellow bulbs by Nokya or Hella as fogs? I know longevity is an issue but the yellow light should help in inclement weather.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I was thinking of trying that out myself. I'd also be interested in hearing from anyone who has tried this recently.

Here's a thread from a while back with some people who did. In general, they're happy with the results, except for the caveat that accessing the fog lights can be an excessive PIA. Maybe try posting in that thread, and bringing it back from the dead will scare up some of the posters emeriti.

http://www.piloteers.org/forums/82-2012-2015-pilot/30407-daggone-honda-don-t-replace-your-2012-fog-lamp-bulbs.html

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was on Lamin-x's website and they sell pre-cut yellow tint for our Pilot. I've decided to go with that instead of messing with the bulbs, which seems like a PITA.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
You talked me into it and I just placed an order. The race is on for who posts pics of them installed first. :smile:

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Here are a couple of crappy, fuzzy nighttime pics which don't do them justice, but this is what they look like installed. On the one hand, almost $20 for a couple of yellow plastic stickers is a bit excessive. On the other hand, they appear to be good quality and installation was super easy, much easier than mucking around with getting at the foglight bulbs on this vehicle. I did heed their admonition not to install them in cold weather, and so since it's -2°C here today, I parked in a heated underground garage during a long Sunday evening dinner and did the install after the temperature readout said 19°C. I hope they stay on for the long run.

Not to gloat, mclasser, but I win. :bootyshak

Seriously, however, I do think they look good, the installation was a breeze, and I want to thank you for the great recommendation. I look forward to seeing your pictures, which are sure to be better than my subpar snapshots.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Here are a few more pics. Like the look, and they also let me see the curb or the the edge of the road better. Also good for coming around a dark cormer. Looking forward to seeing what they look like installed on mclasser's gen 2.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts