Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide whether to buy a used pilot or a new one. And trying to decide which trim level. Is there a handy website for that? I can find a comparison of trims for a certain year but not between different years.

For example, whats the difference between 2017 EX vs 2020 LX. Or a 2019 EX Or a 2020 EX... etc. For example, I think the 2017 EX has android auto, which im interested in. But I think it's only a 5 inch screen and or too slow compared to a 2019. Has any website gone into that much detail in comparisons? Or do I need to do all the leg work.

Maybe, it's just easier to ask here, what are the benefits of going with a 2019/2020 (LX or EX) pilot over a 2017 EX with ~30k miles? Anything that would make you pay ~10k more? For example, in my area a 2017 EX-L is 27k$ with ~30k miles and a new 2019 EX-L is $37k.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
I have a 2016 EX-L.

I wanted leather and heated seats so had to go with EX-L, and didn’t need touring and elite, and wanted to stay with 6 speed tranny and also avoid the extra $4k of Honda sensing stuff...in the first model release no less.

Biggest changes are in the infotainment space and which one supports CarPlay/Android Auto best. I don’t think CarPlay support was added until 2018.

Other variations are in the transmission. 6 speed vs 9. Lots of complaints on the 9 until 2019/2020?

Also, from what I am gathering with Pilot now at 60k miles, and other posters...get an extended warranty on a used/pre-certified or new vehicle. I have an 8 year/120k for $1400 with a $100 co-pay/deductible.

Lastly Recommend you just google 2017, 18, 19, 20 Honda Pilot trim options. I got all these from cars.com with 60 secs of searching.

If you could build a multi-year compare based on this and share that would be
Great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: davidwells

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Updated and added to my earlier post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts