Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmmm....quoted production date of Nov 29th, here it is a week into Dec and saleman says "haven't heard anything yet" about my vehicle. I guess the West Coast port strike must have really delayed production. I know it's been only a week past expected build date, but DAMN, I sure coulda used it during last weeks little snow storm. Have wheels ready to order, even bought a Sony DSC-P71 digital camera to share the joy.

Might have to start looking at Highlanders again. :8:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Galil308, I feel your pain. I ordered my Pilot back in September. My salesman keeps telling me "this month", but he refuses to give me a build date. I have NO confidence in him, or anything he tells me.

After I placed my order I quit looking. That was a mistake. For all I know another Pilot exactly like the one I ordered (Havaysa w/ Nav) could have come in to another dealer by now. I doubt I'll consider another SUV since I still feel the Pilot has the most bang for the buck, but I will start back considering other Honda dealers if my salesman doesn't come through this month.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
And it could take longer

"WASHINGTON—The Canada-U.S. border will bog down if the U.S. moves ahead with a plan to require all non-Americans entering the country to register at the border, Deputy Prime Minister John Manley says.

Canada is balking at the prospect of a border security system that would scrutinize every Canadian who crosses into the United States.

There is no technology available that could provide that kind of background "without fouling up the border," Manley said yesterday in an interview.

"It would turn Detroit into a parking lot," he added.

"There are truck drivers who make four crossings a day on the (Windsor-Detroit) Ambassador Bridge."

After two days of meetings with U.S. homeland security chief Tom Ridge to expand negotiations on border measures, Manley said he has major concerns about U.S. plans for an entry-exit registration system, adding "it runs counter to everything we've been trying to do on the border.

"We have to find a way to make this work. And as I said to Gov. Ridge, we've got 200 million crossings now on the land border. How can that possibly function if you really want to record the names of every person going in and coming out," he said.

"I can't imagine it working," Manley said, complaining the system could "bog the border down hopelessly. So we just have to find a solution to it."

Ensuing delays could deal a hobbling blow to the Canadian economy, which depends on the United States for 85 per cent of its exports.

The U.S. Congress has passed legislation calling on President George W. Bush to come up with a new entry-exit regime along the Canada-U.S. border in two years.

Earlier, when Manley and Ridge appeared together outside the White House, Ridge said the U.S. is not worried about Canadians, but is concerned that some of the people who enter Canada pose a terrorism threat.

"We don't look at our friends and neighbours as a source of terrorism, we look at those who would come in through your borders as a potential source of terrorism," Ridge said.

Ridge and Manley released a status report on the 30-point "smart border" action plan they signed a year ago.

The pair announced that fast lanes for pre-screened travellers will be opening at a number of border crossings on Dec. 16, with more added to the program on Dec. 31.

They also announced the signing Thursday of the safe third country agreement, a refugee accord that will eventually allow Canada to turn back refugee claimants who try to enter Canada from the U.S.

And Canada and the U.S. will move closer to joint screening of travellers arriving in both countries, by creating a system that would allow border officials of either country to screen individuals at the border while simultaneously searching law enforcement and border databases."

One wonders if the Bush administration realizes that that the US/Canada trading partnership is the world's largest trading partnership, that Canada is therefore the US's largest trading partner, and that the province of Ontario ( where your Pilot is made ) has more annual trade with the US than Germany and Japan combined trade with the US.

The idea should be to make the borders safe while still enabling the smooth flow of trade between the countries. So far everything they have done has slowed down and hindered trade.

:(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow... you need to come to Michigan, where everyone drives a big-3 SUV.

After doing all my research and deciding on a Pilot I check the local dealer's websites for availability. On Monday I went to look at the in-stock Pilots and check them out for fit and finish.

Tuesday morning I called around and asked for pricing. I found a dealer about 60 miles away offering $1,600 off sticker on a EXL-RES if I ordered one. I called the local dealer who had one in stock and asked if they'd meet the price if I came down that afternoon to buy it.

They put up a major bee-otch but I was ready to order from the other place. They are still getting sticker on most Pilots and will offer up to $500 discount if the buyer starts walking to the door.

Tuesday evening we're driving home and the kids are watching Princess Diaries on the DVD.

Cool.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ordered my Pilot at the end of October, from a dealer who assured me that they had the model and color I was looking for coming in November. The day before Thanksgiving I called the dealer to find out where my car was. Got the standard story of "Don't know it's up to the factory". Sent a fax to Honda of America (their fax number is on the Honda website) asking them why they couldn't give my dealer the ship date for my car.

On the Friday after the Thanksgiving, the dealer called with a ship date for my car. I'm sure it was just a coincidence, but you might give want to try it.;)

·
Registered
481 Posts
We have a build date of Dec. 12 - Dec. 17. Will be calling the dealer tomorrow.

Any idea what/if any impact that the west coast strike has had on the build schedules up in Alliston, ON?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's ready now!

Can't get to dealer until Saturday then will pick up!!
:2: :2: :2: :2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts