Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out what the tan colored yarn or twine hooked onto, and hanging from the passenger-side headrest (front seat) is. I think it's just something that was straped onto a pamphlet or something to that effect, but I don't want to cut it off until I'm sure.

Placed a call to the dealer but they're unsure so far...

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think it's just something that was straped onto a pamphlet or something to that effect

You are probably right!

Is it stitched to the head rest or does the head rest post go through it.

Is it a loop? Or is it a single strand?

Kip

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a thick piece of yarn (pencil-thick) that looks like it's looped through the headrest. I don't think it's stiched to it, but since the headrest doesn't come off, I couldn't figure out for sure if it was connected or not.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
There are release buttons for the headrest.

If you feel in between the headrest and the top of the seat, you will feel the headrest posts. Follow the posts down and you should feel the buttons - squeeze/push them in and the headrest comes up.

Basically the same release as the second row, except the front seats only have one notch on the post (i.e., one position).

To reinstall, just line the posts up with the holes and push down until they lock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks tim.s

I figured there had to be a release for the front headrests as well, I guess I wasn't persistant enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts