Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK once I get my crossbar dilemma straightened out I am going to invest in either the Yakima load or mega warrior. Does anyone out there have the Honda Luggage rack that could send me dimensions to compare the Yakima racks to? Or better yet does anyone have either of the Yakima racks, and if so which sizes looks and fits bast on the Pilot and should I get an extension for either?
Thanks,
Greg Straight Edge

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Just curious if any of you have purchased the Load Warrior?

We're considering our roof-top luggage carrier options. Storing a hard shell carrier could be a pain. My garage is already full! A basket with a soft type carrier inside seems like a good option.

Is anyone using this setup now?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don't know if this helps or not....

I have Yakima Q-towers and ski rack hardware on our Pilot LX. They work really well as you might expect. However, clearance space between the roof and the top edge of the garage door is at premium. With ski in the rack, there is only about an inch of clearance. Be careful with cargo carriers driving into your garage!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a similiar dilemma, I decided to purchase Yakima lowriders to attach to my factory rack, 58" crossbars and a Yakima Load Warrior.
I also purchased the Yakima destination 10 softpack so my luggage won't get wet.
Overall I am very impressed with the rack and it's usefulness.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Do you have any pictures of the Load Warrior on your Pilot?

I've got Yakima Lowriders and 58" cross bars as well. I carry bikes in the summer and skis in the winter.

The Yakima site says the Load Warrior has "integrated cross bars" for attaching other accessories. Can you really put a bike rack, say like a Lockjaw, inside the basket? I'm hoping to fit two bikes in Lockjaws and some sort of soft luggage carrier in the basket.

How is the Destination 10 softpack as far as wind noise? I wonder what the difference is between the softpack and the Weathertech Rack Sack?

:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
No pics yet will post some soon.

The Load Warrior has bars similiar to the crossbars used on the Lowrider mounts. So if you can mount your bike rack to the crossbars you should be able to mount them also to the Load Warrior.
Before I bought the Load Warrior I used the Lowrider mounts and the crossbars for my Yakima ski rack. Now I just mount the ski rack to the Load Warrior bars.
The Destination 10 soft pack is not that noisy what helps is that the Load Warrior has built in fairing, I hope this info helps:)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Thanks! Looks like Load Warrior is the way to go. We can pack our camping gear in the basket, and load the bikes in the rack above it.

Now I just need one of the 20% off Yakima sales that run every so often.

:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cross bar with Yakima

I think load worrier is bit small with out extension.

see mine

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
little closer

Attachments

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Thanks for the pics, WT!

Looks like the Load Warrior is as wide as the Pilot's roof rails, and as long as the main bars of those rails.

I don't think I could use the extension. I think it adds 18 inches. The spread would be too far to add the Lockjaw bike racks on top of the basket.

·
Registered
166 Posts
FYI: A Pilot with the 16" wheels, factory rack + crossbars and a Yakima Load Warrior will fit through a 7 ft garage door opening with an inch or two to spare - I wasn't sure until I tried it at home.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I wondered about that! Good to know. Sounds like it won't fit with the bike rack on top of the Load Warrior.

I'll pick up a Load Warrior next month. I'm waiting since I just bought a bunch of accessories for my wifes new CRV:2:

·
Registered
56 Posts
For future reference.....

I have a LX and I use the Yakima Q-towers with their standard bars and Powder Hound ski rack. With skis on the Powder Hound, I have less than 1" of clearance between the tips of the skis and the bottom edge of my garage door.

So, for anybody with skis or snowboards, be sure to tell the wife NOT to drive into the garage or you may be shopping for a new snowboard or skis.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts