Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a long time Pilot lover. We bought the 2003 brand new from the dealer, and by far it was the BEST car I ever had..!!.
We loved the style, look, handling in the snow, etc, etc. It KILLED me when I had to get rid of it. She only had approx 80K in her. But, the driver seat actually broke off the base, and each month something else started happening and wasn’t gonna keep putting $$ into an 2003. Then, I hated the next few years of the “boxy” look and went with other cars. But now I’m happy again as we are back in a 2020. Just has her in for her very first oil change and now see a “B1” on the dash. I googled it and it brought me HERE, so I figured why the heck not join my fellow Piloteers....So there ya have it. I’m new here, have a 2020, & have a B1 now showing AFTER the oil change was done...
Sorry for such a long, first post...!!..
Oh, from East Cost - New York, sorry if that offends you...!!....lol...

·
Registered
9,446 Posts
Howdy Hey! 🤠
B1 =
  • Engine oil replaced
  • Change oil filter
  • Front and rear brakes inspected
  • Check Honda’s Parking Brake Adjustment
  • Inspection of important components, such as brake hoses and fluid levels
Do you DIY?

·
Registered
585 Posts
You just need to reset the maintenance reminder after the oil change. The dealer should have done it if they did the oil. If you diy you’ll need to also reset it. Instructions should be in the manual or google.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appreciate both fast replies..!!..Hope both of you get this reply....I’m pretty handy but decided to use my local Mavis which is literally a 10 min walk from my house. Also, I didn’t wanna play 5x the price for dealer to do it. So when I picked it up is when I noticed the B1. Also, thank goodness for YouTube as there are prob like 1000 vids on how to clear/reset that. Thanks again as I’m certain I’ll have other questions to post.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,840 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and welcome back to the Pilot.

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,275 Posts
These cowboys have it right. Jess need to reset.

Oh, from East Cost - New York, sorry if that offends you...!!....lol..

Donchew worry none, pardner. We won't hold it against you. Fer too long. :)

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
These cowboys have it right. Jess need to reset.

Donchew worry none, pardner. We won't hold it against you. Fer too long. :)
I could SWEAR, that Pace Picante commercial once was some chuckwagon, cattle herding guys.
And it went 'This Stuff is made in New York Ciry!'
Then a guy said: 'Get a rope'

It was funny AH, but I'm sure the feel gooders thought that was too offensive.

Can you find us that version PlPl?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,840 Posts
Was it this one?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Was it this one?

YES!! THAT is a GREAT commercial!!!!

I even looked for this online once, and couldn't find it.

You have a gift PlPl

In fact, I think NY somehow complained too,
'cause later versions said 'This stuff is made in New Jersey?' LOL

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
This place is AWSOME!

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
OMG...!!...How did my question of a “B1” light somehow morph into picante commercials...!!...lol...guess I found the right forum to join...!!
And, it's because you said you were from 'New York City', well New York anyways....LOL

'get a rope'... LOL

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
U guys are funny...!!
...But on a serious note, regarding my 2020, I was wondering if any of you guys know the deal with the “Lexometer”..???. If I understand it correctly, I believe it has something to do with distributing the proper air pressure & fuel mix ratio that feeds directly into the silver coated polymer rings. But what I can’t understand is, if in fact that’s true, than wouldn’t it have a direct correlation with the Brass covered muffler clamps..?...are they even worth the $2,500 that they sell for..??....And if not, what would you guys suggest....??....Thanks in advance for your anticipated help with this multi-jurisdictional conundrum....

·
Registered
2,063 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
YES!! THAT is a GREAT commercial!!!!

I even looked for this online once, and couldn't find it.

In fact, I think NY somehow complained too,
'cause later versions said 'This stuff is made in New Jersey?' LOL
Sorry, just saw this was from R2C, not PlPl

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well Dalton, IF and I repeat IF you would have taken the time to do some more research before posting ur reply, you would have read, and I quote,” The air in the tires, MUST be replaced with fresh air every 6 months according to the season, ie; Summer must have warm summer air, Winter must have cold, winter air”.....

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,275 Posts
Sorry, just saw this was from R2C, not PlPl
I went through them all, and finally settled on a rope one where the guy was just tied onto the trunk of a car, so none a youse sensitive Texas fellers feel bad.

Welcome to the forum, @MDan25 , 'n' keep yer back to the wall, on account of when the shootin' starts you wanna see where it'sa comin' from.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I went through them all, and finally settled on a rope one where the guy was just tied onto the trunk of a car, so none a youse sensitive Texas fellers feel bad.

Welcome to the forum, @MDan25 , 'n' keep yer back to the wall, on account of when the shootin' starts you wanna see where it'sa comin' from.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That’s fine and all, and I as I said I appreciate the replies back. However, apparently none of you can give me a straight answer regarding the flushing out of the old stale air from the tires, (including the spare), & replacing all the air with fresh seasonal air (obviously depending on what season your in). Also, as far as the special directional tires are concerned, can the operator override the automatic transfer bar if the UV rays are stronger than say, level 8...??.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts