Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Honda yet offer this option for the Pilot?

·
Registered
41 Posts
It will be available in the spring. Pricing hasn't been announced.

There are other ways to get it other than from Honda which are available now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the Pioneer FM modulated XM receiver and was wondering if anyone on here has XM in their Pilot, if so how did you do the install? If no one has it I plan on doing an install how-to write up next week with pictures and all if anyone is interested. Thanks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks Steve!! ordering the Blitzsafe HONDA/XM DMX PIO.1D Adapter right now :cool:

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
reset

Congrats silverex,

Just remember to press the Reset button on the XM tuner (I used a ballpoint pen) after installation and reattaching the battery cable. If not, the XM will not power up. I learned from experience.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cost of XM radio/monthly fees?

One of the servicemen at my Honda Dealer suggested XM radio today when I complained about the poor reception in the Pilot. But he said there is a monthly fee as well. Does anyone know of the cost for XM radio and what the monthly fees are like?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Re: Cost of XM radio/monthly fees?

DeniseT said:
One of the servicemen at my Honda Dealer suggested XM radio today when I complained about the poor reception in the Pilot. But he said there is a monthly fee as well. Does anyone know of the cost for XM radio and what the monthly fees are like?
Satellite radio is easy to get:
(1) Purchase & install the Satellite Receiver Unit:
Here are some choices in FM Modulated units.
The Pioneer, Alpine & Delphi units can be installed to the Pilot without FM Modulation; therefore, the sound quality will be crisper.
Different companies make these specific interfaces for the Pilot and XM Radio. These companies include Precision Interface Electronics (www.pie.net), Blitzsafe (http://www.blitzsafe.com/blitz_catalog/blitz_xm/blitz_xm_list/blitz_honda/blitz_honda.html) and others.
(2) Attach your XM Radio Antenna to your vehicle & plug it into the XM Unit.
Some Antenna choices (I recommend the Sony)!
(3) Activate the XM Radio for $14.99 over the phone or $9.99 over the internet (http://www.xmradio.com/activation/activation.html)
(4) Then pay $9.99 a month for 100 channels.

Pioneer is now offering a $100.00 Satellite Receiver Rebate for purchasing a Pioneer GEX-FM903XM unit (purchased between 2/26/03 - 4/30/03).

Blitzsafe interface adapter HON/XM DMX PIO V.1 (for the Pioneer GEX-FM903XM unit only) can be purchased for about $ 100.00 and make the installation simple, while the sound is crisp. You will not need to use RF modulation.

Check out this thread & it may help you!

·
Registered
166 Posts
In the quest to beat this thread to death...

I don't plan to add a CD changer so if I just get the Pioneer GEX-FM9003XM and the Blitzsafe HON/XM DMX PIO V.1 will I lose my current CD? The docs for the Blitzsafe say press the CD button on the head unit to listen fo the XM radio.

It seems that I would want to use the AUX entry somehow.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Absolutely Not

gksmith said:
In the quest to beat this thread to death...

I don't plan to add a CD changer so if I just get the Pioneer GEX-FM9003XM and the Blitzsafe HON/XM DMX PIO V.1 will I lose my current CD? The docs for the Blitzsafe say press the CD button on the head unit to listen fo the XM radio.

It seems that I would want to use the AUX entry somehow.
The CD Button is actually a CD/CD Changer button which toggles between the CD and the CD Changer. If you have the XM only attached to the Blitzsafe HON/XM DMX PIO V.1, it replaces the Changer and assumes its associated functions on the Head Unit. If you press the CD button for a CD, the CD will play. The CD circuitry for the Head Unit is internally connected and operates independently of the CD Changer input on the rear of the Head Unit. The CD/Changer Button just toggles between the CD and the source attached to the CD Changer input (like a TV/VCR button on a VCR). If you press the CD/Changer Button again, the CD Changer mode is selected and the XM will play. The Blitzsafe interface basically "tricks" the Head Unit into thinking that the XM is a CD Changer. It basically makes the CD changer input on the rear of the Head Unit an auxillary input that is displayed as a CD Changer.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Re: Absolutely Not

SteveLuman said:

The CD Button is actually a CD/CD Changer button which toggles between the CD and the CD Changer. If you have the XM only attached to the Blitzsafe HON/XM DMX PIO V.1, it replaces the Changer and assumes its associated functions on the Head Unit. If you press the CD button for a CD, the CD will play. The CD circuitry for the Head Unit is internally connected and operates independently of the CD Changer input on the rear of the Head Unit. The CD/Changer Button just toggles between the CD and the source attached to the CD Changer input (like a TV/VCR button on a VCR). If you press the CD/Changer Button again, the CD Changer mode is selected and the XM will play. The Blitzsafe interface basically "tricks" the Head Unit into thinking that the XM is a CD Changer. It basically makes the CD changer input on the rear of the Head Unit an auxillary input that is displayed as a CD Changer.
What if you want to add a CD changer and XM? Impossible?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Re: Re: Absolutely Not

tledjazz said:

What if you want to add a CD changer and XM? Impossible?
Use the Blitzsafe HONDA/XM DMX PIO.1D Adapter if you want both:

I purchased an Alpine CHA-S634 6-disc CD Changer and connected it to my Pilot with a Blitzsafe HONDA/XM DMX PIO.1D Adapter and an Alpine KCA-130B (Ai-Net to MBus). This Blitzsafe adapter has dual connections: 1 for the Alpine CD Changer & 1 for a Pioneer XM Tuner Connection. This eliminates the need for any FM modulations.

The interface adapter has all the necessary plugs for power and connectivity for the Pioneer 903XM unit (IP-Bus Out cable and Power supply cable) as well as a plug for an Alpine CD Changer. The only additional plugs used are the ones coming from the XM antenna (I would recommend the Sony antenna) and the controller unit supplied with the Tuner.

All plugs are included for power and function, and you can toggle between the CD and either the Changer or XM Radio using the CD/CD Changer Function. If you want to go from the CD Changer to the XM or vice versa, you press the track up then track down very quickly.

If you can't find this interface at a local car stereo installation center, Blitzsafe will sell direct to you via AMEX or Money Order COD.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
gymeni said:
Does Honda yet offer this option for the Pilot?
Looks like Honda has finally gotten the XM Radio option for the Pilot. I can't tell by the photo, but it looks like the bezel kit replaces the "not an ashtray" & power source bezel. The photo appears to be a 2003 accord. It also looks like the display is an Alpine CRA-1667RF. At $ 593.75, it seems very pricey. Maybe the Alpine Alpine XMA-T200RF Universal XM Satellite Radio Package and Blitzsafe Adapter (HON/XM DMX ALP V.1D) can be purchased separately while Honda can sell just the bezel kit.

Blitzsafe HON/XM DMX ALP V.1D - $120.00
Alpine XMA-T200RF Universal XM Satellite Radio Package - $149.99
Alpine KCA-130B - $ 9.99
Bezel Kit- ????
Looks a little cheaper if you build it yourself and buy the bezel kit.

XM Radio

Tim, can the bezel kit be purchased separately from the entire package?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
According to the parts list, here's the breakdown:

Base Kit : 398.75
Antenna Kit: 73.75
Attach Kit: 81.25
Bezel Kit: 40.00

Total 593.75, shipping included :)

No install instructions yet, this bulletin is all of a day and a half old.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
Re: Re: XM Radio

SteveLuman said:

Looks like Honda has finally gotten the XM Radio option for the Pilot. I can't tell by the photo, but it looks like the bezel kit replaces the "not an ashtray" & power source bezel. The photo appears to be a 2003 accord. It also looks like the display is an Alpine CRA-1667RF. At $ 593.75, it seems very pricey. Maybe the Alpine Alpine XMA-T200RF Universal XM Satellite Radio Package and Blitzsafe Adapter (HON/XM DMX ALP V.1D) can be purchased separately while Honda can sell just the bezel kit.

Blitzsafe HON/XM DMX ALP V.1D - $120.00
Alpine XMA-T200RF Universal XM Satellite Radio Package - $149.99
Alpine KCA-130B - $ 9.99
Bezel Kit- ????
Looks a little cheaper if you build it yourself and buy the bezel kit.

XM Radio

Tim, can the bezel kit be purchased separately from the entire package?
on handa-accessries they say it cannot be installed in RES or NAVI systems...

XM Satellite Radio
Includes all parts needed for install. Requires paid activation and monthy subscription to XM radio service. Click Here for more information.
Shown in an Accord.
Does not fit the RES or NAVI models

http://www.handa-accessories.com/pilelect.html

1 - 20 of 35 Posts