Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the Pilot was new had the trial of Sirius XM with no issues. Trial period expired and then whenever we had a long trip I would renew our subscription with no issues. The last time we used XM on the Pilot was July 2017 with no issues. Went to add service again with a good deal I received in the mail. No problem linking and XM worked that day. Shut the car off and the next day, it didn't work and they had to send another signal to link. It worked again until car was shut off. Had the same problem next day. Called Sirius and they said they are not reporting any problems on their end and call the dealer. I took my Pilot to the dealer yesterday and they said they saw this before and a hard reboot (disconnecting battery) will fix it. Well, they said they did that and it didn't work and if I wanted it fixed I would have to pay for a new antenna and labor (could be up to $500) because my 3 year warranty was up in February. (I don't think they disconnected my battery because all of my pre-set radio stations were in tact) Plus, if I was able to get Sirius service when they sent the link, the antenna worked fine. It was when I shut the vehicle off that it disappeared.
Anybody have this happen? Any fixes or help before I cancel my subscription?

·
Registered
844 Posts
My XM unit failed at around 39K, replaced under the CPO warranty. Kept getting a "no signal" message. Are you getting this message, or does it just go back to the preview channel? For what it's worth, I've had no issues in 4 years/80K miles since replacement.

·
Registered
844 Posts
It just goes back to the preview channel after shutting the vehicle off.
Make sure XM has the correct Radio ID and have them refresh it again. I can't see this being an antenna issue as the you'd get "No Signal". My money is on an XM issue with the billing/Radio ID. Get their technical support on the line.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a question re: 2015 Pilot Touring: I have two SiriusXM modes. How can I get to the higher channels? I turn the dial knob but it skips from 70 to 178. I tried to refresh but I can dial to channel 0. What am I missing?
Thanks a million!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts