1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the Delphi Skyfi?

I have the RES and don't want to use the cassette adapter,
or the FM modulator.

Is there a way to get a direct connection to the HU?

Also, will this connection provide power?

Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've got one in my Pilot. I put it in the arm rest compartment and plugged the power in there. I also got an adapter from Blitzsafe that plugs into the back of the head unit making it think the Skyfi is a CD changer. Works and sounds great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds really cool. Do you have a picture, by chance? Is it on the door/hatch that folds open or completely inside the compartment?

·
Registered
18 Posts
At some point I'll try to figure out how to hide the wires, but today I'm waiting to get my 18" wheels installed! Yippeee!

·
Registered
411 Posts
gilevans said:
I've got one in my Pilot. I put it in the arm rest compartment and plugged the power in there. I also got an adapter from Blitzsafe that plugs into the back of the head unit making it think the Skyfi is a CD changer. Works and sounds great.
Where do you get "Blitzsafe" products?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
JungleJim said:

Where do you get "Blitzsafe" products?
The easiest was to install an XM to the Pilot is to go to this Blitzsafe link & decide which interface is needed for your specific device (Alpine, Delphi, Pioneer, etc.). Then write down the UPC code.

Once you have the UPC code, go to this link and find the adapter on the list & order it.

For example, if you wan to connect a Delphi unit to your Pilot, HON/XM DMX DELPHI V.1 is listed on the Blitzsafe site as the correct adapter for the 2003 Pilot. The HON/XM DMX DELPHI V.1 UPC CODE: 764244-89001. This interface is listed on the XMFan site under Blitzsafe "B" adapters for $ 89.00. Order it and you are finished.

I noticed that the Alpine Blitzsafe HON/XM DMX ALP V.1 interface (764244-55001) was not listed on XMFan, so I sent an email to see if they carry it.

This was their response:

This product is available fo shipping immediately. If you would like to
order it, place an order for anyone of the adapters on this page: http://store.yahoo.com/xmfanstore/bladb.html

and in THE COMMENTS SECTION DURING CHECK OUT write exactly what you are ordering instead:

Blitzsafe HON/XM DMX ALP V.1 interface (764244-55001) and for which model/make/year vehicle its for.

Price is $89 plus shipping same as "Blitzsafe Adapters B"

-Ziggy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts