Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have an 04 EX-L w/ Nav. I am getting a RES put in next week @ Best Buy. Its the Sony Mobile Dream System w/ DVD Player and 7" 16:9 Overhead LCD Monitor. Here is the Link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1055388004166&skuId=5603625&type=product&productCategoryId=cat03096

I hope that the DVD player fits under where the Heated Seat switches are. I would like to have the XBOX permentaly mounted under the driver seat. Does anyone have a games system in there Pilot? Is so where did you mount it?

Thanks for your Help.

·
Registered
300 Posts
XboX did not fit

I had an XboX which place behind the second row seat. Try to place under the seat before didn't fit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was originally going to put in a PS2 but decided to go with a PSOne for a number of reasons - 1) It is more stable in a mobile environment; 2) It's mostly for the kids who mostly play PS1 games; 3) I wanted my wife to be able to change discs easily without reaching under a seat. The PS1 fits perfectly under the sliding cover in the storage space - see the link in my sig for pictures and more details.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update

Well I drop my pilot off at Best Buy. The install was about 450.00 for Sony DVD, Flip down screen, 400watt power inverter and XBOX. When I get it out today I will take pics and post them.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Re: Update

GregthePilotMan said:
Well I drop my pilot off at Best Buy. The install was about 450.00 for Sony DVD, Flip down screen, 400watt power inverter and XBOX. When I get it out today I will take pics and post them.
I'm very surprised to hear that Best Buy does installations on Sundays.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup me too. It would have been a haasle getting it done during the week. This weekend coming I am going on my first short road trip. I am going to Big Basin.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Re: Update

florida_guy said:
I'm very surprised to hear that Best Buy does installations on Sundays.
florida_guy: The Kemotown Best Buy also performs Sunday installations, but the time slots fill up really fast... :3: :cursin:

GregthePilotMan: Got pictures of the installed electronics, yet??? :confused:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update

After waiting all day here it is:

EDITED BY KEMOSABE -- I've resized the image to 640 x 480 to make it fit better... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry of the last Pic..I am a newbie here :)

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Xbox

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can hook up 3 different units

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and 2 wired head phones

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Another pic

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Over all I am very happy with the install. Couple of things i didnt know: 1. There is only one wireless head phone that comes with it. 2. You can only listen to it with the head phone it does not come with an FM Mod kit. You have to order it separately. I am doing that monday. I am going to have them move that power converter. When the fan runs it kinda loud. Other than those small things I am very happy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice!

Greg,

I like the work they did on your pull down screen. I just bought a 04' EX-L with Nav a couple weeks ago and I'm planning on putting an aftermarket DVD player w/ flip down.

Do you know how much they might charge for labor for just that and without the X-Box.

Also, I didn't see you player. Did you have to change the stereo on the dash?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
max_501

They could not install the XBOX any where. It is too Big! I looked around for an hour and only came up with one place. Under the 3 row. But if you put it there you will not be able to put the 3rd row down at all. So, I take out and put it in the bookbag and on long trips i take it with me.

Sony DVD player and Flip Down screen 950.00
4 year warrenty 199.99 (Covers Everything)
XBOX with 2 games 179.00
400w Power converter 59.00
Install of DVD player and Flip down screen about 325.00

Look at the pics again, it is installed under the driver seat. Its the silver thing.

I need to have the power convertor moved. It is driving me nuts when it is on. I called about it and they said it was free of charge to move it.

Remeber it doesnt play through you radio. I have to get a FM modulator. I will get it next week. I will let you know the part number.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey jlontoc

I didnt mean to sound sacastic about the placement of the DVD play. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts