Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the Pioneer XM system on New Years day. The system was $200 with a $50 rebait and the antenna was $50. Nice addition, smooth installation and good sound quality. The modulator fits nicely in the rear hidden compartment. I used the ground and accy power from the rear 12 volt outlet and ran one hot wire from under the dash to the rear. The antenna wires easily went through the tailgate wiring harness grommet and the controller is mounted neatly under the change tray with velcro and an L bracket. Has anyone else had experience with the service? BPILOT

·
Registered
161 Posts
X-M Radio?

X-M Radio isn't that Satellite Radio? Do you have to signed up for the service to listen to it? Kind of curious.

SS EX-L RES #35211

·
Registered
465 Posts
There are a lot of threads on this site about XM. And some pictres of installs as well.
I've had mine since early September, and I really enjoy it.

Do a search on radio or satellite and you can find several opinions on it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Supposedly, Acura will be offerring XM in the MDX. Wonder if Honda will begin doing the same?
An article in yesterday's New York Times Circuits section about XM and Sirius Satellite Radio says that:

"XM service will also be available as an option at many Toyota dealerships and to purchasers of Honda's Accord, Pilot and Acura MDX models."

Evergreen

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Cost

haknuman59,

XM costs $ 9.99 a month for 100 channels. You can activate your XM Radio on the XM web site for $ 9.99 or over the phone for $14.99 (One-time fee). If you have $ 10.00 a month to spare, I would recommend it.

XM Radio

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Steve

Sorry so much was a repeat. My installation is identical to yours except I mounted the control unit under the tray instead of in front. I do not understand completely what you are saying regarding bypassing FM modulation. Can you explain? Thanks, BPILOT

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Interface

An interface cable plugs into the head unit as a CD Changer attachment. The cable which I purchased from Blitzsafe (HONDA/XM DMX PIO.1D) is a dual cable. It allows me to toggle between my Changer and XM on my Head Unit.

The interface adapter has all the necessary plugs for power and connectivity for the Pioneer 903XM unit (IP-Bus Out cable and Power supply cable) as well as a plug for an Alpine CD Changer. The only additional plugs used are the ones coming from the XM antenna (I would recommend the Sony antenna) and the controller unit supplied with the Tuner.

All plugs are included for power and function, and you can toggle between the CD and either the Changer or XM Radio using the CD/CD Changer Function. If you want to go from the CD Changer to the XM or vice versa, you press the track up then track down very quickly.

There is no need for Modulation.

The Display for the Head Unit reads 1-99 CD Changer when the XM is selected. Selecting the channels for XM is still done by the supplied Pioneer XM remote display.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts