Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browing acuramdx.org and came across this post, http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11193, this guy put up a link to roro's wheel link and it was this http://www.clubhighlander.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3579

I thought it was a typo, but I clicked on the link anyway and sure enough, it lead to roro's post on OUR site. I was scratching my head at this point, so I typed in, "www.clubhighlander.org" and it lead to OUR site. Can someone please explain how this got to be? Admin? Sorry if this was common knowledge. I never knew this before.

One thing's for certain though. After having driven a Highlander for several days while my Pilot was getting fixed, it's nothing to have a website/forum like OURS for. I'd be regretting with bitter bile spewing out of my mouth everytime I saw Pilot had I bought the Highlander.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Highlander vs Pilot??Why regret?

I am curious why you would regret a Highlander buy vs the Pilot you bought.I have spent a couple of months debating this issue,and have finally decided on the Pilot.I looked at both-a lot-but have only driven the Pilot.The Pilot will be my choice because it has a bit more interior room, all wheel drive, slightly safer because of weight,and side bags,and width(rollover)and you get more for your $$.The pluses for the Highlander were-4 cyl mileage,cheaper price for cheapest model about $22,000 for a stripped 4 cyl vs $25,000 for a LX,made in Japan(very subjective).
The Pilot rode well,was quiet(CR says it has a lot of road noise,but I didn't notice it) had reasonable pickup, a tight turning circle,a decent drivers seat that can be raised(I am short,but I don't like my legs to be bent forward).It wasn't exciting,but so what.
What really makes the Pilot so much better to you?I am 99% set on the Pilot,but the mpg of the 4cyl does turn my head(it would be a dog of course,but my wife would be the main driver,and she won't care-the better acceleration of the Pilot is a safety plus of course)Thanks,Charlie

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Highlander vs Pilot??Why regret?

charlie said:
I am curious why you would regret a Highlander buy vs the Pilot you bought.I have spent a couple of months debating this issue,and have finally decided on the Pilot.I looked at both-a lot-but have only driven the Pilot.The Pilot will be my choice because it has a bit more interior room, all wheel drive, slightly safer because of weight,and side bags,and width(rollover)and you get more for your $$.
All very good points, most of which were pointed out in this comparison link I posted after I got to drive the Highlander for a few days while my Pilot was in the shop. http://www.honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3435
The pluses for the Highlander were-4 cyl mileage,cheaper price for cheapest model about $22,000 for a stripped 4 cyl vs $25,000 for a LX,made in Japan(very subjective).
I never once considered the 4cyl model for the Highlander at all. As well, in terms of price, up here in Canada, Toyota forces you to buy options packages, not letting you be able to pick and choose like HOnda, so it would've meant that I would've had to choose the more expensive options package to get most of what the Pilot was offering as standard, such as the rear tailgate deflector, traction control and etc.

Once I did my math, Toyota came out to be more expensive. But even if the Highlander was offered at a similar price, I still would've chosen the Pilot because of better pick up, better styling (very subjective), better handling, a better ride overall, more room all over in the cargo, in the middle and in up front, and etc, etc, which are all mentioned in the above link.

The Pilot rode well,was quiet(CR says it has a lot of road noise,but I didn't notice it) had reasonable pickup, a tight turning circle,a decent drivers seat that can be raised(I am short,but I don't like my legs to be bent forward).It wasn't exciting,but so what.
Again, all good points about the Pilot.
What really makes the Pilot so much better to you?I am 99% set on the Pilot,but the mpg of the 4cyl does turn my head(it would be a dog of course,but my wife would be the main driver,and she won't care-the better acceleration of the Pilot is a safety plus of course)Thanks,Charlie
As I've mentioned already, I never once considered the 4cyl model at all, so it's hard for me to answer your question. I only compared the 6cyl 4WD Limited Highlander and the Pilot and I've already answered that.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Looks like John Stefani owns both hondapilot.org and clubhighlander.org. Either he's going to hold clubhighlander.org for ransom or he is going to start it and doesn't have it up yet.

Address lookup
canonical name www.clubhighlander.org.
aliases
addresses 64.71.178.180

Domain Whois record
Querying whois.publicinterestregistry.net with "clubhighlander.org"...

Domain ID:D91387971-LROR
Domain Name:CLUBHIGHLANDER.ORG
Created On:20-Oct-2002 17:03:31 UTC
Last Updated On:05-Nov-2002 16:32:18 UTC
Expiration Date:20-Oct-2003 17:03:31 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:R91-LROR
Registrant ID:91-C
Registrant Name:SEE SPONSORING REGISTRAR
Registrant Street1:Whois Server:whois.godaddy.com
Registrant Street2:Referral URL:registrar.godaddy.com
Registrant City:N/A
Registrant Postal Code:N/A
Registrant Country:CA
Registrant Email:[email protected]
Admin ID:91-C
Admin Name:SEE SPONSORING REGISTRAR
Admin Street1:Whois Server:whois.godaddy.com
Admin Street2:Referral URL:registrar.godaddy.com
Admin City:N/A
Admin Postal Code:N/A
Admin Country:CA
Admin Email:[email protected]
Billing ID:91-C
Billing Name:SEE SPONSORING REGISTRAR
Billing Street1:Whois Server:whois.godaddy.com
Billing Street2:Referral URL:registrar.godaddy.com
Billing City:N/A
Billing Postal Code:N/A
Billing Country:CA
Billing Email:[email protected]
Tech ID:91-C
Tech Name:SEE SPONSORING REGISTRAR
Tech Street1:Whois Server:whois.godaddy.com
Tech Street2:Referral URL:registrar.godaddy.com
Tech City:N/A
Tech Postal Code:N/A
Tech Country:CA
Tech Email:[email protected]
Name Server:NS2.PHPWEBHOSTING.COM
Name Server:NS1.PHPWEBHOSTING.COM

Querying whois.godaddy.com with "clubhighlander.org"...

Please note: the owner of the domain name is specified
in the "registrant" field. In most cases, Go Daddy Software, Inc.
is not the owner of domain names listed in this database.

Registrant:
Daniel Talas

Registered through: Go Daddy Software (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: CLUBHIGHLANDER.ORG

Domain servers in listed order:
NS2.PHPWEBHOSTING.COM

Network Whois record
Querying whois.arin.net with "64.71.178.180"...

Hurricane Electric HURRICANE-2 (NET-64-71-128-0-1)
64.71.128.0 - 64.71.191.255
Stefani Technologies, LLC HURRICANE-CE0552-1A1 (NET-64-71-178-160-1)
64.71.178.160 - 64.71.178.191
Querying whois.arin.net with "!NET-64-71-178-160-1"...

OrgName: Stefani Technologies, LLC
OrgID: STL-36
Address: 8888 Keystone Crossing Plaza, Ste 1300
City: Indianapolis
StateProv: IN
PostalCode: 46240

NetRange: 64.71.178.160 - 64.71.178.191
CIDR: 64.71.178.160/27
NetName: HURRICANE-CE0552-1A1
NetHandle: NET-64-71-178-160-1
Parent: NET-64-71-128-0-1
NetType: Reassigned