Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.. im going to be doing my headlight retrofit project soon. I took advantage of a July 4th sale, so it made it affordable enough to purchase everything I needed.

I'm looking for an extra set of headlights to put on temporarily while my originals are being worked on. If anyone has a set or knows where I can buy some for a fair price, please let me know. Ive looked on the social selling/buying apps, but no luck. Im in the queens, ny 11423 area for any locals out there..

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Good luck with the retrofit! I'm in MD but I don't have the stock set anymore, I moved them along after purchasing and repairing the retrofitted set.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Cinto.. itll definitely be a learning experience being itll be my first. Did you document your project with any pics/ videos? Maybe give me an optional view on the process.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Thanks Cinto.. itll definitely be a learning experience being itll be my first. Did you document your project with any pics/ videos? Maybe give me an optional view on the process.
I bought mine already retrofitted but during shipping both of the shrouds fell off, so I had to bake them to remove the lenses and reattach the shrouds. The rest of the job was done well so I didn't need to do anything else.

I've done a couple retrofits, it's stressful and fun and the results are totally worth it. What are the specs for your retrofit?

I can tell you there aren't many constraints or workarounds, the reflector bowl is huge and there are no real constraints behind the headlight once it's mounted. Take your time with the trimming so you don't overtrim and take your time with getting the rotation locked down before putting on the epoxy.

Did I say TAKE YOUR TIME yet? It's easy to get impatient and make a mistake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts