Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be trading out my 2010 Odyssey for a newer Pilot

Sick of the saggy diaper look of the Odyssey although I have kept the car in mint mechanical condition and it has low miles and drives well

Anyone know if 2021 Pilot is a major new model vs a refresh such that I should wait?

Also I am thinking best to get a 19 or 20 vs earlier as it has newer entertainment etc. Correct?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Welcome... yes this is a pretty quiet forum. The Traverse forum is even less active!

The Pilot just got a pretty good update, I'd say if it gets any updates they will be minor in nature. My only hangup in this is the introduction of a new Highlander, Explorer and the brand new Palisade/Telluride. I don't think the Highlander or Explorer do much to push the bar but the Palisade/Telluride could push Honda to really improve the Pilot to stay competitive.

Yes, I would definitely go post-facelift 3rd gen. Substantial updates to the transmission tuning (if you get a 9 speed) and the infotainment, not to mention updated styling to be less Ody-like.

·
Registered
2019 EXL AWD
91 Posts
All I know is my wife loves her 19 EXL AWD. Glad to hear the six speed is a easy fluid change. Hopefully as easy as our beloved 08 CRV.

·
Registered
2018 Pilot EX AWD
175 Posts
2021 shouldn't bring anything new since they just updated the Pilot for 2019. I do prefer the updated look of the 2019+ but went with a brand new 2018 left over last June because of the steep discount I received. If you want to stick with Honda than you can't go wrong with a new Pilot. My wife loves hers!

·
Registered
172 Posts
2021 shouldn't bring anything new since they just updated the Pilot for 2019. I do prefer the updated look of the 2019+ but went with a brand new 2018 left over last June because of the steep discount I received. If you want to stick with Honda than you can't go wrong with a new Pilot. My wife loves hers!
Hard to say. Often enough it seems that when they do a mid-cycle refresh (like the 2019 one for Pilot) and/or introduce some "special edition" trim a bigger redesign follows within the next couple of years or so.

·
Registered
2018 Pilot EX AWD
175 Posts
Hard to say. Often enough it seems that when they do a mid-cycle refresh (like the 2019 one for Pilot) and/or introduce some "special edition" trim a bigger redesign follows within the next couple of years or so.
Very true. However, the Special Edition typically comes out the last year of the body style. If they plan to do a full redesign in 2022 then yes I would expect a Special Edition to come out in 2021.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Very true. However, the Special Edition typically comes out the last year of the body style. If they plan to do a full redesign in 2022 then yes I would expect a Special Edition to come out in 2021.
Certainly a possibility, unless the newly introduced (in US) "black edition" is essentially that special edition.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Certainly a possibility, unless the newly introduced (in US) "black edition" is essentially that special edition.
Could be... Usually Honda seems to slot the SE between LX and EX models though. I'd expect them to go that route to try and boost sales the last year by offering more or unique content at a lower price rather than putting in another luxury level. As it is the Elite makes a really good case for MDX shopping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts