Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a Scotty Kilmer video, but in it, he shows how he doesn't 'torque' the plugs,
Doesn't rotate tires, and basically talks about the scams all the places pull after they have the car in their shop, etc.

I know the title is about trannys, but it's much more!

Only about 10 min., and you can fast forward some of that

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
It is a Scotty Kilmer video, but in it, he shows how he doesn't 'torque' the plugs,
Doesn't rotate tires, and basically talks about the scams all the places pull after they have the car in their shop, etc.

I know the title is about trannys, but it's much more!

Only about 10 min., and you can fast forward some of that

I don't like to get under the car when all that's holding it up is the hydraulic floor jack. Did he really do that?

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
So according to Scotty you need to change your plugs every 100k miles or start buying coil packs.

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
Turn the spark plug with the ratchet until you can't turn it anymore, then a little more, lol. When it gets loose again do up back up 1/4 turn? :LOL:
Ya, lol

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
I don't like to get under the car when all that's holding it up is the hydraulic floor jack. Did he really do that?
He was only under there a second or 2. LOL

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
If anyone could go without rotating tires, it's me, cause of all the highway miles. No way I'm not rotating my tires at least every 15k miles. Can't listen to Scotty on this topic.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,323 Posts
My lol takeaway is that Scotty's translation of the German technical term "Gutenteight" is "There's torque readings but aah eeh."

You could use jack stands, but aah eeh.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also like the when he suggests NOT getting 4WD/AWD unless you REALLY need it! Less maintenance and repair costs.
Our 08 was bought when we were in TX, I didn't realize a year and a half later, I'd be moving the whole estate to WI!
I of course have FWD=Front Wheel Drive in that one.

Actually, all you really need here in Milwaukee area all year long is FWD. We've had it here 11 winter seasons already and never had a problem with it, even with 'all season' highway tires- even in the snow. The plow and slat the crap out of everything around here anyways.

That being said- we did just get a 15 LX w/ 4WD! Mainly b/c it also has the trailer towing pack on it. For the now next to never I tow any trailers anymore.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts