Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

I'm a Honda Element owner from over at HondaElement.org, and I was wondering if anyone here has replaced their stock wheel with the wood one. Apparently, the Pilot and Element wheels are interchangeable, and I really don't want to use that hokey leather wheel wrap to go over the plastic one that comes with the Element. So, if anyone has a spare leather wheel laying around, I'd love to buy if from you! Just shoot me an email at [email protected] and we'll work something out.

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
486 Posts
aykew,

sent you an email. I have an extra for sale...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Steering wheel question

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know if the Odyessy or MDX steering wheel will fit the Pilot? I would like to swap out my wheel with a leather one.

If I can swap in an MDX wheel, will any year fit? I see that the mounting area looks to be a little different from pictures of different steering wheels.

Thanks for any help.

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
mchan , I would think the steering wheel from the MDX would fit the Pilot becuase they are virtually the same car.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I usually see a leather wrapped wheel or two on E-bay every so often. You may see a spike in the market soon as the 2005s roll out and the dealers start liberal with the add on and start putting wood steering wheels on prior to sale.

Most of the E-bay wheels come from dealers (or their technicians) and private owners. Good luck!

·
Registered
431 Posts
steering wheel

Thanks guys,

I was looking at the install instructions for the MDX, and some pictures of MDX Steering wheels on Ebay, the center portion that mounts the airbag etc. looks to be different between the steering wheels advertised for the MDX and the steering wheel just sold for a Pilot.

Does anyone have a picture of a removed pilot steering wheel that they can post?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Re: steering wheel

mchan said:
Thanks guys,

I was looking at the install instructions for the MDX, and some pictures of MDX Steering wheels on Ebay, the center portion that mounts the airbag etc. looks to be different between the steering wheels advertised for the MDX and the steering wheel just sold for a Pilot.

Does anyone have a picture of a removed pilot steering wheel that they can post?

Thanks!
There's an illustration of the wheel here. Majestic Honda sells it (item 4 in the illustration) for $136.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Thanks Jay

I found install instructions on cheaphondaparts.com for the wood grain steering wheel. It has a pretty good shot of the center portion. Now I know what it looks like, I can go about hunting one down.

Thanks again for all your help

·
Registered
431 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts