Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a bit of revamping on www.hondacuraworld.com, and I'd like to get rid of the factory accessory photos and post pics of real people's vehicles with installed accessories. Would anyone like their vehicle pictured on my site? If so, please post your pic and your name in this thread (as long as the pic isn't gigantic :) ), and your photo will be credited with your name if you wish.

Thanks for any help you can give!

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
As soon as the Pilot get washed

Right now it is a mess, but a bath in in the near future.

·
Registered
509 Posts
hondacuraworld said:
I'm doing a bit of revamping on www.hondacuraworld.com, and I'd like to get rid of the factory accessory photos and post pics of real people's vehicles with installed accessories. Would anyone like their vehicle pictured on my site? If so, please post your pic and your name in this thread (as long as the pic isn't gigantic :) ), and your photo will be credited with your name if you wish.

Thanks for any help you can give!
Yeah, sure thing Tim. I think that sounds like a great idea, and really empasizes the relationship between you and the customer, since these will most likely be your customers. Maybe, you want to put something like the person's name and location with the photo? Not necessarily for credit, but I think it gives it a much more personal touch to the shopping experience. Not sure if you have the server space or not, but it might be neat to have a small gallery of pictures for each of the accessories, showing several different vehicles rather than just one. Sort of like the build your Pilot site, but with real pics. Here's what the accessory looks like on this particular color. Might come in handy for things like gold emblems, chrome garnish, etc. where the effect is color specific. Since I'm assuming the majority, if not all of your business, is Internet related, a feature like this, might set you apart from teh crowd of other accessory sites? Just some thoughts. I'm sure you can edit the pictures small enough so they don't take up too much room on the server?

Anything I can do to help. Feel free to snag any of the pics that I've already posted here in the group, so as not to repost already existing photos, and inflate post counts! Obviously already have the Form Fit air deflector pics up, wood-trim with saddle interior, running boards and fog lights w/o lower trim. Any of them are yours if you want them.

I can also snap some pics of the auto day/night mirror, cargo cover, cargo net, cargo tray, CD changer (when I get it installed), cross bars and wheel locks for you if you want them! I think the extra CD cartridge, touch-up paint and sunshade are also on their way soon if you need them, right?

Gosh, maybe we'll be famous now! Maybe I should take some better pictures when its nicer out!?

Hey, you probably already have it covered, but if you also need help editing the photos, either myself, or I'm sure any of the PhotoShop experts here in the group can help. I think its important to maintain a consistent approach to all of the photos (ie. size, etc.).

Just let me know.

:p

·
Registered
307 Posts
Ill snap a few shots of the seperation net and post em up here tonight.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Hey Tim

If you get me a Perfect-Fit deflector, I will take pictures, and get a .WAV file of any wisteling it makes.

:2: :2: :2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
509 Posts
hondacuraworld said:
You mean kinda like the Pilot FormFit deflector? :D
Sorry Tim, but I don't follow you? What are you asking me (Assuming, of course, that you were even talking to me in the first place!)?

:confused:

Explanation, pretty please!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Tim ...

Count me in ... As I get parts in and installed I'll post the pix ...

·
Registered
509 Posts
hondacuraworld said:
If you pull up the FormFit Pilot deflector on www.hondacuraworld.com there's a pic of your Pilot and crediting you with the photo :)
Oh, cool - I'm a star now! :p

Listed under Honda Pilot - Exterior Accessories - Miscellaneous.

I posted the review in the comments section, but probably overloaded the system with all of my babbling! Wouldn't be surprised if the site crashes! I rated it as a 4 out of 5, but its not showing as rated yet. Assuming that is something that needs to be reviewd before its visible on the site, right?

OK, complaint department please (ha, ha, ha)! I think we need a thumbnail on the Miscellaneous Exterior Accessories screen. And I noticed that something's screwed up with the photo - see attached below.

:14:

I need to get you a better picture anyway. That one was taken on a very cloudy day and it looks really dark now that I see it again. Certainly not my best work! I need to get you one on a sunny day, so that the Sandstone really shines, and get some nicer scenery around!

By the way, the site is looking pretty good. Almost gave up on it when you were having the problems. Was surprised by all of the stuff that you carry. Have to check things out more closely! You must be a very busy man, indeed!

Glad to help you out. So far you've taken good care of me, and I'm sure you will continue to do so in the future. A good way for me to show that I appreciate it.

Are you doing the same thing with other vehicles or just the Pilot? If so, I can contribute for the '98 generation Accord. Just let me know.

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
This picture didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, but I think these were the first side steps you sold. You want hurt my feelings if someone has a better picture.

Thanks Tim!

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
seperation net

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
seperation net with cargo tray

Attachments

·
Registered
509 Posts
hondacuraworld said:
Your pic seems fine, Soap? :confused:
Hey Tim,

Looking at it on my PC at work, the picture is fine from the top down to about a little under the Form Fit and slightly above the "H" emblem. Then underneath, it is very dark and "distorted". I read the post from home last night, and actually only the the top half of the pic loaded, and the bottom didn't even show.

Using MSIE 5 here at work and I think MSIE 6 at home.

Not sure if anyone else is having the same problem with the picture or not? But if you say its OK, then it must be OK!

·
Premium Member
2,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dumb question, but how do the other pics appear to you? For example, the Acura TL oil filters, or the Acura MDX rear splash guards? I uploaded these at the same time. I can always reload the pic, but from here it looked OK :confused:

·
Registered
698 Posts
hondacuraworld said:
I'm doing a bit of revamping on www.hondacuraworld.com, and I'd like to get rid of the factory accessory photos and post pics of real people's vehicles with installed accessories. Would anyone like their vehicle pictured on my site? If so, please post your pic and your name in this thread (as long as the pic isn't gigantic :) ), and your photo will be credited with your name if you wish. Thanks for any help you can give!
Hi Tim,

If I can help with processing the photos, let me know. As you know, I am a webmaster and use Photoshop on a daily basis - at home and at work - so I can optimize your photos for the web so they download quickly, as well as make them all consistent.

Additionally, I'll take some photos of my accessories and send them to you. How large do you want the photos?

CopperPoppy

1 - 20 of 47 Posts