Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
Ive got a set of those ramps. They are made of very thick gauge steel and heavy. Drive up them, put it in park and set the parking brake. I feel safer with these than with jack stands.
The ramps I have look like the ones below, which have braces on the sides.
However, I also put jack stands under the car when using the ramps.
Of course, you have to remember to first remove the jack stands before trying to drive back off the ramps.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
Oh, the irony. :p No offense.
Well I was hasty, but honest?‍♂. Maybe someone won't make the same mistake. It cost $10 + $4 to ship. Would have cost me half the value to ship it back so I just kept it. Maybe someday I'll actually get to use it.
Got a replacement walk through?

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
833 Posts
Of course, you have to remember to first remove the jack stands before trying to drive back off the ramps.

Ramps look nice+sturdy and i have the same deck table. Is that where you store them ;)

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Ooh

Ooh nice!

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Well I was hasty, but honest?‍♂. Maybe someone won't make the same mistake. It cost $10 + $4 to ship. Would have cost me half the value to ship it back so I just kept it. Maybe someday I'll actually get to use it.
Got a replacement walk through?
Actually the irony I was invoking was for the benefit of our friend @cintocrunch for not quite succeeding in posting that particular GIF. No offense, @cintocrunch . :)

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Waiting for RockAuto delivery.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
833 Posts
Santa left one under the tree for me 2019. The QJ seems like a good product but my first lift experience was not a good one. One of the QJ slided under the vehicle when either the rubber block moved and/or slid off the tray. Manual states doubling up the rubber blocks was approved but I would not recommend doing that. Subsequent lifts with one rubber block was much safer but I still used a jack stand as backup. Got a set of rubber blocks off Amazon with cut-outs for pinch welds as the QJ accessories are over-priced.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Between the sliding and storing when not used, I never bought them.

But I really want to buy something like this....
What could possibly go wrong? :eek:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Parts have arrived! ?
The filter is double boxed and plastic wrapped. It's got to be good.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Parts have arrived! ?
The filter is double boxed and plastic wrapped. It's got to be good. View attachment 135147
A sucker is born every day! My wife told me double wrapping was the best way to go and 9 months later a child was born!

Just kidding... possibly...

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Well, the after market 044-0382 Beck Arnley transmission filter is installed.
Just to see how bad original filter was, I thought I'd cut it open. Opinions on a 23k mile filter? No large pieces of anything. Same all the way around. MaxLife is still nice and red.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
I guess most metal shavings would have been caught by the drain plug magnet. ¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I guess most metal shavings would have been caught by the drain plug magnet. ¯\(ツ)
Thankfully, I never saw any metal shavings. Just the metallic silt.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Think any of the metallic silt is from cutting it open?
The grey metallic silt in the filter is the same stuff that the magnet on the plug attracts. The little brite speckles are from cutting it open.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looks about the same as the filter I cut open which was removed after
50k miles. The sludge is probably from normal wear of the friction plates in the various clutch packs so I wouldn't worry about it. I see the same sort of sludge in motorcycle gearboxes from the wet clutches. The sludge becomes an issue when it contaminates the fluid turning it black and it can block oil passages if it gets severe causing all sorts of issues.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The more interesting question is how do the inside of the filter pleats look. Usually filters have the clean side in the middle so you pull the fluid towards the middle and not damage the filter media.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
The more interesting question is how do the inside of the filter pleats look. Usually filters have the clean side in the middle so you pull the fluid towards the middle and not damage the filter media.
I'll try to gently pull apart tomorrow if I find time.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts