Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
remove road tar as well??? And how easily??

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
MG Pilot said:
remove road tar as well??? And how easily??
From my experience with the Meguiar's clay bar, it does remove road tar very easily. You need to re-knead (no pun intended) the clay bar to get a clean side out again, so to speak. I clayed my Pilot back in the first week in July, and it still has a silky smooth feel to it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Re: Re: Would a Clay Bar...

jay said:
I clayed my Pilot back in the first week in July, and it still has a silky smooth feel to it.
I can attest to that. I rubbed my hand along Jay's Pilot at the DC Metro Meet and commented on how smooth and shiny the paint was.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Would a Clay Bar...

guitarman said:
I can attest to that. I rubbed my hand along Jay's Pilot at the DC Metro Meet and commented on how smooth and shiny the paint was.
Since I, too, was at the DC Metro Meet, I can attest to the fact that it was definitely NOT jay's Pilot that guitarman was rubbing his hand against... :eek: :D :runaway:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Would a Clay Bar...

kemosabe said:
Since I, too, was at the DC Metro Meet, I can attest to the fact that it was definitely NOT jay's Pilot that guitarman was rubbing his hand against... :eek: :D :runaway:
jay-->:headslap: <--kemo

:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Re: Re: Would a Clay Bar...

jay said:
From my experience with the Meguiar's clay bar, it does remove road tar very easily. You need to re-knead (no pun intended) the clay bar to get a clean side out again, so to speak. I clayed my Pilot back in the first week in July, and it still has a silky smooth feel to it.
Jay, how much is this clay car? Also, should I get the entire kit or just the clay bar?
I've read somewhere that you can use ordinary soap water while claying the car - true/false?

thanks.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just purchased Stoner's Xenit cleaner and Mother's Paint Saving System for tar and bug issues.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I picked up a clay bar at Autozone - don't remember the brand, but it came with a spray bottle of solution to lubricate the surface. Zaino website (www.zainobros.com) indicate a solution of 1 capful of their carwash in a 16 oz. bottle. Their site also gives instructions on how to use a claybar, as does http://www.web-cars.com/detail/ I prefer the last site because they are describing the process more than they are promoting product.

Edit: forgot the price. I paid $10 for the claybar and spray bottle. Zaino charges $16

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
I haven't clayed my Pilot yet but I was recently granted a full clay treatment for my ol' 1991 Ford Taurus. For FREE! :D They recently resealed the roof of the building in which I work and the stuff got all over some of the cars. So, the building management paid to have the cars clayed at a local detailing shop. WOW! :crazyeye: Brought the car almost back to showroom finish. Amazing stuff. $120 per car, but what do I care.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts