Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worst Dealer 4 Mark Up/Customer Servc.

Very Important to Prospective Buyers.

From my experience, in Southern California, City of Torrance the Dealer Scott Robinson Honda marked up the Pilot for as much as $4,200.00 which I think is totally ridiculous. They should be embarrassed by doing that. Plus salesmen there are very pushy.

Seems like honesty and integrity is not known there. Other dealers around at lease do not go over MSRP and are still willing to negotiate lower a few 100's

Be carefull Southern CA buyers.:1:

·
Registered
747 Posts
I was asked for 32,000 for my LX. Then I said no more than MSRP (I also have a trade in). The salesman then said $29,700. I told him if you want me to pay EX price then I should drive a EX home tonight. Obeviously he ran out of EX already, and finially agree 27,300. This was 4 months ago while pilot still very hot at Bay area. But no one should pay over MSRP now on Pilot unless added equipment.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I agree. Scott Robinson has the highest prices of all South Bay and Orange County dealers I have tried. Their sales dept is arrogant and hardly deals on price. Their added dealer markup profit is the highest locally. Their service department is just plain incompetent and they do not listen to the customer. They torqued the lug nuts to over 125 foot pounds on my Honda. Spec is 80. They left greasy fingerprints on the wheels after a tire rotation. They do not dry the vehicle after washing. Supposedly, they have some water treatment to avoid water spots. Spots all over resulted. They used the wrong grade of oil in my Honda. Do not buy at Scott Robinson. They are expensive and you will regret it, sales or service.

Beware.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Don't bother with Planet Honda in Union. They wanted to charge me $4,000 over MSRP plus an additional $1,200 for side steps!

They start with one price before MSRP, try to get your credit card for a deposit and then "check the price with the manager". Of course the manager can't mee the price.

Really high pressure. Stay away. I walked out and went down the road.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I did the majority of my initial legwork by emailing every dealership in Southern California. I agree with you. Robinson's prices are higher than most dealerships and they are arrogant. But the great thing about living in Southern California, there are plenty of Honda dealerships and some will give you a good price and service.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I Agree TOOOO!!!

I totally regret from buying there (Scott Robinson) . I had planned to buy another honda car for my wife about year before finishing paying the pilot, but will I go back there or recomment someone ?
NO WAY!!!!

Every body around here Gardena, Hawthorne, Lawndale, Torrance etc. etc. They ask me about the pilot, want to see it, show it to them and I tell them to go streight to Gardena Honda, Way Better. Don't even look toward there. Shoot. I didn't even return for an oil change there.

All my additional accessories I got them at Gardena Honda with a discount of 40% off list price. I called Scott Robinson and they would not drop a penny. Don't even bother looking in the internet because w/shipping Gardena price will match. They got great service, I go for service there.

Because at Scott Robinson Honda I was ripped off, and one friend, I will not rest screaming everywhere for YEARS to come telling everybody don't go there, don't go there, don't go there. And the salesman claims he is a faithfull church goer, I guess just goes to feel a little better after cheating and ripping off people and return to continue to do the same. Should feel embarrassed just looking at the church, not mention to enter.

Honesty is not know at this dealer. They even had hidden the sticker price that suppose to be on the window and found it later in the glove compartment. If I would have seen that, I would have had a better idea of a more fair price.

I could write pages of what I want to say, but enough.../...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks lalo212 and others. I am not alone.
Scott Robinson is to be avoided. Spread the word at work, at family gatherings. Do not hesitate.
If you have not commented in the dealer ratings section on the right side of the home page of this site, please let your feelings be known in the dealer ratings section.
Truth and free flow of information help those of us who are not car professionals and have to work for our dollars. And may help reduce sales at the undeserving Scott Robinson.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts