Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone. I'm new here and just wanted to say hi. I've been reading the board for awhile just waiting my turn to get mine.

I went in Friday night looking for a Silver EX-L. They didn't have one and we weren't able to work out a reasonable offer for a future delivery. But then they mentioned they had a silver EX that just came in and try to make a deal with that one. So, with aftermarket leather and heated seats being installed sometime this week, I got the deal I was looking for when I was dealing for the EX-L. This is a great car. I can't wait till the leather and heated seats are installed.

The next thing I'm working on is having 2 monitors installed in the headrests. This looks a little tricker than I thought because I didn't realize the headrests had a hole through it. I was hoping it would be solid. I hope my friend (the one who is supposed to do the install) can figure something out. What i plan on doing is having the monitors installed and having input wires somewhere so I can plug in an XBOX whenever I travel so the kids can either watch movies or play games.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Hello, and congrats!! welcome to the board, you will find lots of info here, stuff you did not even know about your pilot, good and bad.

The monitors in the head rests are something new that has not been tried yet on the Pilot (at least on this board) hope it works out for you, but are you going to get new solid headrests?

take care and welcome

rob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rob.

I don't think I'm going to get new headrests. One thing that I am having done is having aftermarket leather installed. When I did this wil my CR-V, the leater covered the entire headrest so the hole was no longer visible. I'm kinda hoping they do the same with the Pilot's headrest. If that is the case, I think my friend can install the monitors and I won't be able to see them from the front. That is if the leather covers the whole headrest. If they don't, I'm not sure if I will have the monitors installed because I don't want to see the back of the monitors through my headrests.

Won.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Welcome aboard and good luck with the installs! I definitely wish that our Pilots got those same heated seats that our friends up north got. Apparently, our WI and IL winters aren't cold enough!

BTW - Be sure to post some pics of your seats once their done!

Scott

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Kompers. I'll post pics as soon as I get it back from dealer.

I just got a call from Honda and my appointment for the leather and heated seats are set up for Wednesday. I should get it back on Friday. I can't wait. I hope the aftermarket heaters work as well as my Acura's.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got my Pilot back today. The leather looks good and fits real nice. They did a great job matching the color too. Another thing, they put leather on all three rows of seats. I think (i could be wrong) the factory leather is only on the first two rows.

The heated seats also work well. Actually, i haven't really tested the passanger side yet. On the drivers side, both the seat pad and the back are heated. These heated seats seemed to warm up much faster than the factory ones in my Acura.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the aftermarket leather that was installed. I was afraid of how it would turn out. I didn't want to take delivery of the car until the leather was installed in case it didn't look good. The dealer didn't want to sell me the car unless I took delivery before the leather install. At the end, it all worked out and I'm happy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Which dealer did you buy the Pilot from? I got mine at McGrath Honda in St. Charles. Did you have any problems with them?

jpickering

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I initially went to McGrath in St Charles because I had purchased my CR-V there back in May 2001. I had taken my CR-V to Carmax just to get a ball park figure on how much I could get for it. Carmax offered me $16K. So, I went to McGrath (the same salesman I bought the CR-V from) and wanted to negotiate on price. Well, here's what they offered me. They offered MSRP and only $14K for my CR-V. That's $2000 less than what Carmax offered. I even showed them the offer from Carmax which was only 4 days old. They wouldn't budge from that. So, I left and as I was leaving, the sales manager said that if I get another offer from somewhere else, would i call them back to see if they could beat it. Well, if you guys think you can beat another offer, why not offer it before I leave!!

Anyway, I went to Schaumburg Honda and was able to get the deal I wanted to get from McGrath. The only difference is that I got an EX and had leather put in afterwards rather than getting the EX-L. If McGrath would have offered that, I probably would have taken it from them, but they never offered it.

Everything at Schaumburg Honda went great. I think they have changed management philosophy there over the last couple of years. When I went there to look at the CR-V, they were not nearly as easy to work with as it was with the Pilot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts