Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

wooHOOO!...Just joined the club!

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  cintocrunch 
#1 ·
I just purchased my first Pilot, a 2014 EX-L with 97K miles, and I expect to have the vehicle delivered in a few days. The dealer is about 5 hours away, so the deal was done long distance. The vehicle is a 1-owner car, the body and paint is in excellent condition, and the interior is immaculate, according to the auto body guy I sent to inspect the vehicle.

The vehicle was maintained for the last 4 years at a dealer, but I plan to get a baseline maintenance level by having my local mechanie do the following:
  • all fluids - check/replace
  • air filters - check/replace
  • clean cabin rear blower motor screen
  • plugs - check/replace
  • timing belt & alternator- replace
  • serpentine belt & tensioner - check/replace
  • battery & ground cable - check/replace
  • spark plugs - check/replace
  • intake manifold cover - inspect
  • check/adjust valve clearance
  • brake condition - adjust parking brake
  • check condition of struts and suspension components
Are there any other items I should add to the list?

I'm very happy to get this vehicle and join the Piloteers club!

Dane

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome to the club. After you reach 50 posts, the member PlPl will send you how to do the secret handshake LOL

Congrats on your Pilot!

Valves are probably good too. Only way to know is check them though for sure. I doubt they're off much, if at all.

#4 ·
Welcome to the group! I think the secret handshake thing has transitioned to a toe-wave or something, in consideration of the times.

I'm a big believer in PM, and even new cars (very few of those in my history though...) get all the fluids and major wear items baselined at purchase unless there is good evidence that they aren't needed right away. I have my own hammer and metric crescent wrench though, so the costs are a bit less than having a dealer or commercial shop do those for me. Still one of the easiest ways to know exactly what's needed and exactly what and when it was done.

So congrats on your purchase and, again, welcome to the extinguished distinguished group here.

Reactions: The Todd
#15 ·
Sounds like you got a great Pilot with all of the PM done... with VCM added you should have an excellent and affordable to maintain vehicle until your next timing belt service.

Post up some pics!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.