Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After waiting 10 weeks I picked up my 2004 SS EX-L Pilot today from the dealer. The car arrived there last Friday, but I was out of town. Since this was an out of state buy for me I had to get the registration done myself. I paid $29859.50 plus TTL out the door. They threw in Mudflaps, wheel locks and Cargo tray free!!! I love the car. I think it looks really sharp in Silver. (Sage was my second choice). The sliding second seats are awesome. Stereo is better than I expected (I may upgrade the speakers later).

I intalled the protection kit from wwong this afternoon. Planning to install chrome exhaust tips from Pep Boys myself. Also want to add running boards, cross bars for roof rack and foglights soon. On the wish list in Garmin 2610 GPS and the XM roadie. The car is a beauty to drive. I am sooooo happy.....
:2: :2: :2:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Welcome and Congrats! Great color choice. :D You may want to consider the XM Commander, too. It's the perfect size to fit in the cubby in the EX-L dash.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Great news, mkf! Congradulations!

You know you're gonna have to supply us with a pic, right?
;)

BTW, I tried to send you a PM but it says your inbox is full so it won't let it go through. But as per your suggestion I contacted the dealer and I am now on their list waiting for a Pilot. :D

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
TheRanger said:
Great news, mkf! Congradulations!

You know you're gonna have to supply us with a pic, right?
;)

...snip
If you don't know, mkf: :needpics:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jay,
what's the XM commander? Do you have it??

The Ranger,
Congrats, when are they delivering??? I cleaned out my inbox, so you can pm me now.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
mkf said:
Jay,
what's the XM commander? Do you have it??

...snip
I have a Roady, but the Commander is the latest XM radio. Check it out at xmradio.com. Here's a picture of the Commander installed in the cubby, courtesy of rbetz.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have that cubby, due to the heated seat switches.
:(

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
mkf said:
I don't have that cubby, due to the heated seat switches.
:(
I was wondering about that. Maybe a Commander in a location similar to my Roady:

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Has anybody installed a Roady in the area underneath the center console, where the sliding tray cover is? That should be a littly unobtrusive and discourage would be thieves, I would think. How much wiring is required and how does it play through the cassette adapter??

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
mkf said:
Has anybody installed a Roady in the area underneath the center console, where the sliding tray cover is? That should be a littly unobtrusive and discourage would be thieves, I would think. How much wiring is required and how does it play through the cassette adapter??
That would be similar to my first install of a SkyFi, which you can read about in this thread. A cassette adapter, which looks like a cassette tape with a wire hanging out of it plugging into the Roady, is placed into the cassette player just like a tape, and plays the Roady's sound through the cassette player.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How is the sound with the cassette adapter vs FM modulation?? I had a Sony CD changer in my old car that played through FM modulation and it sounded like crap!! Don't want to get stuck in that situation again. Doesn't honda make a XM head unit?? Does anybody have that????

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
mkf said:
[ S N I P P E D ]
Doesn't honda make a XM head unit?? Does anybody have that????
Honda, as far as I know, doesn't make an XM head unit for the 2003/2004 Pilot...

...the closest you can come to an integrated "look" for an XM Satellite Radio System is the OEM part shown below. The installation instructions in PDF format are located at this link...

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts