Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

Wood Trim--Dark Grey Interior

8K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  4603pba 
#1 ·
Has anyone gotten the wood trim for both the dashboard and interior with the dark grey interior and more specifically, with the Starlight Silver Pilot?

I was talking accessories with my salesman the other day and when I told him that I was thinking of getting the wood trim installed on my car, he kind of scrunched up his nose and told me, that even though it just his opinion, he did not think that it would look good.

Any thoughts??:cool: :cool:

#2 ·
I plan to install the wood trim in my SS pilot with grey interior. I saw and felt the trim at the local deal and it is real good quality--not real wood though. It is dark burlwood tone, which will go good with the grey interior. I saw the trim (dash and doors) in a demo with brown interior and it look really sharp.

#3 ·
chiquita said:
I was talking accessories with my salesman the other day and when I told him that I was thinking of getting the wood trim installed on my car, he kind of scrunched up his nose and told me, that even though it just his opinion, he did not think that it would look good.

Any thoughts??:cool: :cool:
Who cares what the dealer thinks anyway! Its what you think that's important.

Case-in-point, the pictures of the Havasu with gold emblems & chrome bumper garnish. I really don't think that some of these dealers even have a clue!

#5 ·
You listened to a guys opinion regarding something to do with color/design :eek: :8: :D .

If you are unsure how it will look, add this accessory later, maybe after you have seen photos of other installs.

No offense to the men on this site :22:.

#6 ·
Ms. MDX said:
You listened to a guys opinion regarding something to do with color/design :eek: :8: :D .

If you are unsure how it will look, add this accessory later, maybe after you have seen photos of other installs.

No offense to the men on this site :22:.
Offense taken ... :3:

PrG

#7 ·
Very nice

That dark wood does look pretty darn good. Maybe I'll look for that set advertised elsewhere on this site again. I was a little iffy on the wood in a silver vehicle.

#8 ·
Re: Here ya go-

MDXlite said:
Looks really cool. I was debating it, now I am really going to
get it. For about 100 bucks -- this might be the best 100 bucks
I spend on this car. I think the wood wheel will look good with
it too.

#9 ·
I ordered, received, and tried the Exotic Wood Dash package ... and was dissapointed with the fit, finish and color. My search continues though ... the color I would like to find is a black wood trim, similar to those found in BMWs. I think that would look great with the grey interior ... if not ... it's the Honda kit for me ... can't go wrong with the dash kit made by Honda, made for the PILOT ...

PrG

#10 ·
Thank you for the picture, MDXlite! I thought it looked great and just ordered it to be installed on my new Pilot which is currently being accessorized at the dealership as we speak.

I will let everyone know how it looks when I get it this weekend!!

#11 ·
Woodgrain trim

We have all the factory woodgrain trim on my wife's Pilot - even though the Fern is a derivative of gray, it looks great! One item not listed on the Honda Pilot web site is woodgrain trim for the RES if you have it. Everyone who kas seen my wife's Pilot comment on how great the woodgrain looks. We had looked an a Lexus special edition with the birdseye maple trim and liked the Honda better...:2:

Here's what the installation for the RES trim looks like...RES woodgrain trim

#19 ·
Hey Chiquita...

Check out Jeffola's posts. He installed a gray wood trim and posted pics. I'm in the same market and can't decide what color to go with either.

Hilgerone... That dark wood does look good. :cool:
But I have the lt gray (fern) interior... maybe need to go lighter?

Chiquita, Take that board they have in the service dept in the Pilot and go from there. My dealer has a maybe 1x2 sample board. Thought that's how I'd really see what looked good.

#20 ·
Sage,

I had my woodgrain interior installed by the dealer when my Pilot arrived and I have to say that I really like it. I have had my car for just about 3 months and I like it as much now as when I first got it.
We also got the wooden knob for the shift lever, but not the wooden steering wheel, which I have to say looks very nice from the pictures that hilgerone posted. The pics look really beautiful, hilgerone. Thanks for posting them!! Is that the Honda OEM trim or the after market? It could just be the lighting, but it looks a little darker and a little more exotic than mine.

#21 ·
Chiquita...

Big duh:1pat:
Was reading your old post. sigh...

#23 ·
Hilgerone....looks great !!! nice pictures !!
One question, I can see below I think side steps, is that what you have or is it running boards ? Also, have you ever gotten your pants dirty while entering or ciming out of the Pilot ?
Thanks,

#24 ·
Yes..

Your pants will get dirty from the sidesteps.. I have them, what I do is place my foot on the sidesteps when getting out of my Pilot, this way your pants will not touch the side of the step.. works for me.

rob

#25 ·
anyone installed the woodtrim on the RES. I plan to install the Dash trim and RES. The RES looks very plasticy?

#26 ·
In my humble opinion, which is not worth much, the best trim to add with the gray interior is the brushed aluminum or the Honda gray burlewood. I got samples from exotic dash and they sure look good to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.