Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to order, among other things, the wood grained dash, trim, and RES kits for my soon to arrive '04 EX-L RES and noticed that HandA Accessories has a note under the dash kit which says: " NOT for 2004 EX-L, or EX-L RES models". What changed between the '03 and '04 model in that area?? HandA doesn't list a dash kit for the '04 RES or EX-L. I checked HondaAcuraWorld and they make no mention of any differences between models regarding the dash kit which has me a bit worried. All they list is one part number - 08Z03-S9V-100. Anyone have any idea what, if anything has changed? Anyone have an '04 EX-L or EX-L RES with the wood grain trim kits installed?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
DanL said:
Just went to order, among other things, the wood grained dash, trim, and RES kits for my soon to arrive '04 EX-L RES and noticed that HandA Accessories has a note under the dash kit which says: " NOT for 2004 EX-L, or EX-L RES models". What changed between the '03 and '04 model in that area?? HandA doesn't list a dash kit for the '04 RES or EX-L. I checked HondaAcuraWorld and they make no mention of any differences between models regarding the dash kit which has me a bit worried. All they list is one part number - 08Z03-S9V-100. Anyone have any idea what, if anything has changed? Anyone have an '04 EX-L or EX-L RES with the wood grain trim kits installed?
There are heated seat controls added to the center console of the 2004 EX-L, EX-L RES & NAVI.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Wood grain dash kit for 04 EX-L or RES?

SteveLuman said:
There are heated seat controls added to the center console of the 2004 EX-L, EX-L RES & NAVI.
That was my initial thought, but the lower console trim goes on the sides of the console, nowhere near the buttons as far as I can tell (http://www.handa-accessories.com/pilot/PIL_wooddash.jpg). In fact, aren't the heated seat buttons in the same location whether it's an EX-L, RES or NAVI (just above the lighter towards the center of the console)? There is no disclaimer stating that the NAVI kit won't fit an '04 NAVI. :confused:

·
Registered
300 Posts
DanL said:
Try to look into Canadian EX-L Model '03 Dash Kits

·
Registered
41 Posts
yes, I do

I have an 04 EXL-RES with the dash, door, and RES wood trim kits installed by the dealer before I picked it up. Did you have any specific questions? I could take some pics this weekend and post if you or anyone would like to see what the Honda wood kits look like.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Re: yes, I do

Mackie said:
I have an 04 EXL-RES with the dash, door, and RES wood trim kits installed by the dealer before I picked it up. Did you have any specific questions? I could take some pics this weekend and post if you or anyone would like to see what the Honda wood kits look like.
I would really like to see what the wood kits look like on your 04!

Thanks!
Don

·
Registered
7 Posts
me too!! I just got my Pilot yesterday and have decided to add some wood trim...but not sure what color. I have the SBP, with fern interior and i'm torn between a cherry interior or something lighter.
:D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: Re: yes, I do

DN325Ci said:
I would really like to see what the wood kits look like on your 04!

Thanks!
Don
I will take some pics and post them by Saturday if not sooner. fyi my Pilot has the saddle interior. I think the Honda wood kits look nice except there could be more coverage in the center of the dash - the pictures will illustrate what I mean.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got an e-mail from Handa Accessories this morning saying they've updated their website and now have added the dash kit for the '04 EX-L and RES (separate item for the '03 vs. '04). Went ahead and ordered it this morning. I haven't seen any other website make a distinction between the '03 and '04 EX dash kit, so you might want to check before ordering from a vendor which doesn't specify the model year.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Re: Re: Re: yes, I do

Mackie said:
I will take some pics and post them by Saturday if not sooner. fyi my Pilot has the saddle interior. I think the Honda wood kits look nice except there could be more coverage in the center of the dash - the pictures will illustrate what I mean.
Cool! We are going to purchase a Sandstone/Saddle Pilot so I'd love to see that!

Don

·
Registered
41 Posts
these pics were taken with an old digital camera so I appologize if the quality is not top notch. Also I think the dealer missed a couple of pieces - the center console lower trim pieces are missing but it looks like they should be there.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts