Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My battery is drained ( left dome light on), fob would not work on locks, and when jumping the horn honks. The car initially turned over but did not start and after about 4 tries I stopped. Any ideas? I have about a 20 min drive home from work.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
You can stop the horn from honking by using the key in the driver's door lock.

How old is the battery in your car?

What did you use to jump start your car and how long was it connected?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Let the battery charge. Lock then unlock the closed driver door with the key. then remove and reinsert the key in the ignition lock, as described on page 76. Then restart.

You've discovered the immobilizer or the security system alarm. There's an immobilizer indicator in the display that looks like a green key, shown on page 8 of my 2013 owner's manual.

The disarm procedure for both is described on page 118 in my 2013 owner's manual.

-----

There's a truly amazing amount of information in the Owner's Manual, there for the finding and reading. Honda offers an indexed PDF version of the manual from their customer-care site, a doc in which you can search for things like "alarm" and "immobilizer" a lot faster than you can thumb through hundreds of pages in the paper copy. Download a copy, and keep it on your phone or tablet for easy reference.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. The immobilizer was not engaged since I used the key but the battery was so low that the alarm went off when I went to jump the car. Initially I was a bit panicked that something had short circuited having never experienced this with two pilots before. I finally got the car started with a pro jump and it takes a few minutes before the the alarm turns off and not wanting to turn the car off in order for the battery to charge. Alarm went off again when I got home and put it in park but was able to lock and unlock the car to turn it off. Horn is very loud in a parking garage!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts