Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Pilot - when the interior light slider is set to DOOR mode, the overhead lights stay on indefinitely. I’ve checked each door jam switch, and they all turn off the courtesy lights on the doors, but not the overhead lights. The overheads will dim a little bit, but not shut off. Both map lights never turn on, though I’m assuming that’s unrelated to the problem at hand. What would cause the lights to stay on all the time? Wouldn’t a blown fuse cause them to never come on? Any remedies?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,174 Posts
Take the cover off the dome light and visually inspect the switch connector and wiring. Look for loose wiring, bad connection,oxidation, etc.
A blown fuse would cause an electrical circuit not to work.
Does the dome light turn off when you put the master light switch to off?

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
And welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Nail Grease

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take the cover off the dome light and visually inspect the switch connector and wiring. Look for loose wiring, bad connection,oxidation, etc.
A blown fuse would cause an electrical circuit not to work.
Does the dome light turn off when you put the master light switch to off?
I'll have to pull it apart and look, but I can say that the lights turn off when the slider is in the off position. And they're on (as expected) when it's in the on position. It's just the door position that doesn't work properly.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Does your Pilot have the master light switch? Driver’s left knee area, at least on my 2005.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does your Pilot have the master light switch? Driver’s left knee area, at least on my 2005.
I don't have a switch in the driver's knee area. From what I gather in other threads it sounds like they moved it from the knee area to up by the map lights. That's the switch I've been referencing as the "slider" (since it slides, haha) that will turn all of the lights off when switched to off and all lights on when switched to on, but isn't working properly in door mode (all lights stay on when doors are closed).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the new switches and the problem is fixed! Thanks for the insight. However, I do have one other related question: When a door closes the headlights will turn off in 15 seconds, but it takes the interior lights 30 seconds to turn off. Is there a way to change how long they stay on for?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I got the new switches and the problem is fixed!
Congrats! Now, welcome to the "Pilot Interior Light Switch Replacement Anonymous Group". I replaced my first switch in 2016...been replacing 1-2 per year ever since. I keep buying the Dorman brand instead of Honda and they just seem to fail quicker. Anyone else have a similar experience?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts