Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys tomorrow is my big day!!!
I will be picking up my 2004 EXL-RES in SS from Ohio. I live in NJ so it is going to be a long drive.
I will be driving to Ohio in a one way rental car and will drive back to NJ in my PILOT!!!
I will post my experience and ofcourse pictures once I am back.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
vishal...
best of luck:2: :2: ...enjoy the silver and post pictures....

also remember that a few silvers have had blotchy paint on them...so make sure you inspect the car before picking it up

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Good luck! I'm sure you got a great price, and I know you will enjoy the car! You should be seeing a lot of great Fall colors in Pennsylvania along I-80. Post some pics!

PS: Any chance you'd be willing to stop by my sister's in Cleveland and pick up my hardtop for my Miata? I'd buy you lunch or dinner in return! So forward of me to ask--I can't believe I did that! :7:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ramirami --- thanks! yeah, based on some of the post of fellow piloteers on this site i am aware of paint irregularities on Silver.

robrecht --- if your sister's house happens to be along the route, I don't mind picking it up for you. PM me with details.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Vishal said:
robrecht --- if your sister's house happens to be along the route, I don't mind picking it up for you. PM me with details.
Vishal, you're so nice! :7:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Robrecht,
No sweat!! I am more than happy to help out a fellow piloteer.

I received your PM and I have replied back, check your PM.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks ilove!!!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hey Vishal.. First off, congrats on the new Pilot.
I have a question..
Did you really get such a great deal on the Pilot in Ohio that it is worth the trip ?? I printed an add from the internet and showed it to the dealer in Old Bridge (not getting my business, btw), and they would have matched it. We went back and forth with Pilot/Explorer/Trailblazer, but decided to get the Pilot soon. Just wondering.. Thanks for the time.:) :cool:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OB3,
I went to atleast 5 local dealers in NJ and the best offer I could get was $500 under MSRP after wasting many many hours haggling with them. Also, most of them had this attitude that they are doing me a favor by selling the car to me under MSRP.
I read in one of the posts on this site that the PILOTS were selling way under MSRP in Ohio.
The 1st dealer I called in Ohio (College Hills Honda) offered me $2200 under MSRP right away. I spoke to their internet manager Paul Pacek and he was very upfront and told me that they will have to order a vehicle for me and it will take around 2 months to get the car. I was in no hurry so I just placed my order with them.
And I am glad I did that. Yesterday I picked up my car and it was best buying experience. They even offered me accessories at ineternet prices (which are very competitive).
So, according to me it was definitely worth it driving 20 hrs (round trip) to pick up my PILOT.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
It is good to hear that your research and patience paid off! Congrats on your purchase and great deal!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Congrats Vishal

This is awesome, your trip paid off. I almost took the plunge to go on a long trip to get my Pilot for extra $$ savings. Next time, I'll make that trip and use the extra savings for accessories:4:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i know, i know.
pics will follow shortly

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wwong --- thanks!!! now i can install those foam pads I bought from you more than a month ago.

pilot04 --- i exactly did the same thing. i used the dollars saved and installed running boards, backup sensors, cross rails, all weather mats, cargo liner and splash guards.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Thanks for the info Vishal. We are waiting for my EOM bonus, then going to order the Pilot from Jay Honda. They seem to be the best price I can find. The internet rep is great also. I went again and took an EX-L RES for a drive this weekend, can not wait, especially since our new arrival. The trunk of the '97 Accord just ain't cutting it when it comes to strollers,car seats, and baby toys. Not to mention the mother in law in the rear seat !! Tanks again and enjoy !

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
OB3 said:
[ S N I P P E D ]
Not to mention the mother in law in the rear seat !! Tanks again and enjoy !
Next time, try putting the stroller and baby toys in the rear seat and the mother-in-law in the trunk... :jester: :jester: :jester:

·
Registered
547 Posts
I've tried... makes the rear of the car bottom out :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts