Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015, pilot
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just noticed that there are two wires ripped out from underneath my drivers seat. Could this have something to do with the airbag system light being on?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Yes. SRS exclusively uses the yellow harness connectors. The front seats each have a SRS airbag in the outer seatback, where they are identified with appropriate tags.

If you decide to work on that system or wiring, you must religiously follow the safety procedure that includes key out of the ignition for AT LEAST 3 MINUTES before you start fiddling with anything, especially impact and the rear safing sensors.

There's some further guidance in the WSM 22-5, regarding using new SRS harnesses rather than trying to repair them when wires are broken like yours appear to be.

Use Extreme Caution when using a multimeter in continuity or Ohms function to test wiring still connected to an airbag ignitor. Many inexpensive meters use DC current directly for the resistance and continuity functions, and there's a serious risk of activating the airbag if you try to test through the ignitor.

·
Registered
2015, pilot
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply.
I just temporally fixed with two butt splices connectors. Light went away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts