Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a 2016 pilot bought brand new and sadly they didn't have carplay offered for this year, and then they gave it with the 2017s....lot of people got mad cos Honda won't even give an option to swap out the head units or do any software update even if you pay for it and if you try to buy a dash unit for the 2017+ models from the dealer, it's like a ridiculous price like 2 thousands dollars!

I really want apple carplay! Is there any aftermarket option? I looked around and it seems there is no harness even out that shops can buy right now. And if you try to jury rig it, you'll end up losing the blind spot cameras and rear camera, front sensors, etc.. Do you think there will be a harness that will come out some day or am I forever stuck with a pilot with no carplay and a battery that requires a lot of faff to reach?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Lots of people have switched units for a 2017 radio and it works. Search here and you will find it. I had a 2016 and trade it in for a 2021. I love using the android auto on it.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts