Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
I wanted to this on my 2017 Ridgeline, but I don't think it is possible because the kit for the 2019 Pilot does not come with a wiring harness.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I purchased this from Amazon for my Touring and it works very well, using the same spot where Elite has the wireless charger.

Can find this item by searching Wireless charging pad ( I could not post the link; it says spam like link?)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was researching this at work today. I have a 16 EXL with Sensing, heated seats and steering wheel. I work inspecting used cars at the dealer i work at. Today I had a 21 Passport which had the wireless charging. It did have the 9 speed transmission.. My Pilot has the 6 speed. Anyhow.. I looked at both consoles on mine and the Passport, everything is the same except the top cover. BUT.. The Kit if you buy it, comes with both trim covers for the 6 speed and 9 speed. BUT.. My 16 did NOT have the extra plug in the harness to plug into the Charger.. BUT.. After looking online on the Mitchell repair website diagrams for the wiring.. The Charger uses 5 wires... Pos, neg, 2 wires for Computer data, and a 3rd which goes nowhere.. NOW.. The 2 wires that are a computer data when I follow thew diagram they go to another wireless charger, so i assume that some Pilots have another wireless charger in back which communicates on those 2 data wires.. Im tempted to buy the kit, and a wire harness for a 19 model and see if it will still plug into the car and then it will have the plug for the charger. Everything will fit, its just a matter of getting it to power up. Another option is to Install the kit, and get a seperate wire plug pigtail from dealer for the charger and just hard wire run ground and power off the power plug wiring behind the dash. I dont think the other computer data wires matter since all they do is link both chargers providing the vehicle has a second one. The Passport I had today did NOT have a second wireless charger.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi All,

Would anyone know if the 2019 wireless charging kit P/N 08U58-TG7-100 in a 2016 Pilot?

Please let me know your thoughts if this will work with the 2016.

Here are the installation instructions for the 2019 model (https://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/pilot/2019/wirelesscharger.pdf)

Thanks,

Eran
The kit should install, just a matter of powering it up. The cheapest way and still look factory, is buy the kit and purchase a plug pigtail that fits the charger and use the power and ground off the pigtail and run it to your wires for the power outlet. See my post below.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts