Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the part # for this QI wireless charging unit for the 2019 Pilot Elite Honda (39570-TG7-A01), but I am unable to find any installation instructions for it. If anyone can find instructions for it, share it here. Also I will be installing this to my 2017 Elite. Thank y'all.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I thought about adding the wireless charger to my 19 Touring, but given that I have to plug in to use CarPlay or a android Auto, I just bought a 6 inch cable and plug in my phone right where the wireless charger would be.

I’m sure others would rather have wireless charging instead but it was not needed to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sounds good :grin:
Alright so I am done and it works. Literally takes about 10 minutes to disassemble a wireless charger and 10 minutes to wire it up in the car.

Tools.... One normal + screw driver and one very tiny + screw driver.

Samsung Fast Wireless Charger - $20 You will find it anywhere.

1. Take the rubber pad off the base of the charger. Its just glued on. Then little screws are exposed, just unscrew away!

2. Take the rubber ring off the face of the charger and remove the clear plastic cover. Its also just glued on. Then little screws are exposed, just unscrew away!

3. Once all screws are removed, separate the base from the stand.

4. Then take out the charger base and the circuit board. You need the black backing plate and leave the coils as oriented.

5. Use the follow youtube link to remove the center lower console. Its literally 2 screws and a slight tug.
YouTube

6. Pass the wire through the right edge and plug into the usb port in the glove compartment.

7. Then double side tape the circuit board and coils. Then reassemble center console and replace rubber mat.
(note: I cut the ribs off the underside of the mat to make it sit flat.)

Finished Product:

Enjoy and post questions

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
That is pretty damn cool... I'm going to do this upgrade to my 06 and 15 ... the boss at my house saw this posting and said many many thanks ... her 06 is going to be upgraded with this mod :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
That is pretty damn cool... I'm going to do this upgrade to my 06 and 15 ... the boss at my house saw this posting and said many many thanks ... her 06 is going to be upgraded with this mod :)
Thanks! I tried many things like patching into a harness and stuff like that, but the wires are so tight in the pilot that I said forget it. Just make it simple as possible so anyone can do it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Nah I tapped the circuit board to the car and the mat placed over it. I tried hot gluing it to the mat and probably you could double side tape it to the rubber mat, but I just tapped it to the car.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Also for fast wireless charging, these chargers require 2.0amp cables. Usually the come with one, but not all the time.

Galaxy phones will say fast wireless charging if the right cable is used. Its noticeably faster.....
Enjoy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts