Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
There is hope....
I was able to get the CarPlay2Air to work on the 2020 pilot. After 15 or so attempt it worked twice. But after connecting successfully and restarting the car it did not work. So it’s not usable and took clearing out all of the settings several times before it worked again. I wasn’t able to figure out any sort of pattern either as far as what needs to be done to get it to work. I’m working with their support so hopefully we can figure out why it is not consistent. I am hopeful.... but will probably be disappointed

If I can’t get it to work I’ll just have to give up my skinny jeans so I can pull my phone out to plug it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
So some good news, I have been in touch with the company and they sent me new firmware to try. I updated my adapter (2020.12.10.1057) and was able to set up the carplay on my 2020 pilot. It worked great until I turn off the car and on again. It did not work at all after that. I sent them follow up to see if we can resolve this.
I think we are close.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am currently trying 2021.01.08.1658 on my 2019 Pilot. I can get it to work once out of every 10 unplug/replugs. They are still actively trying to fix this issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I downloaded 2021-04-26 version from here and I’m 3 for 3 that it works with a 2020 Pilot

I assume it’s still a beta since it’s not available for the official download site but it is looking good so far.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I can confirm that 2021-04-26 works on 2020 Honda Pilot, however playing music, lots of distortion. @sonicJDK is playing music working for you?
I had a few quality issues but it wasn’t that bad and didn’t last that long but I wasn’t driving around much. I’m assuming the audio quality will get better but super excited that it connects every time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I had a few quality issues but it wasn’t that bad and didn’t last that long but I wasn’t driving around much. I’m assuming the audio quality will get better but super excited that it connects every time.

Quality seems good. A little laggy sometimes but overall it’s workable. I assume it will keep getting better. Once things get started it sounds good.

·
Registered
258 Posts
This thread needs a Khaby Lame reaction video where he reads this thread, watches people mess with this for hours, and then simply plugs the phone in via USB to not only charge it but use Carplay/Android Auto flawlessly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This thread needs a Khaby Lame reaction video where he reads this thread, watches people mess with this for hours, and then simply plugs the phone in via USB to not only charge it but use Carplay/Android Auto flawlessly.
No, it'd be much better to have a working and reliable Wireless Carplay option. Honda could easily implement this on existing vehicles, but because they are Honda they are not.

·
Registered
258 Posts
No, it'd be much better to have a working and reliable Wireless Carplay option. Honda could easily implement this on existing vehicles, but because they are Honda they are not.
I understand that this is important to you and many others. For me, plugging the phone in when I get in the car takes about 3 seconds, so I'm fine with waiting until the wireless option is perfected and the charging pad actually keeps up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have finally got the Carlinkit 2.0 working reliably to provide Wireless Carplay on both my 2020 Passport (which has the same head unit as the Pilot) and my wife's 2017 CR-V. Carplay boots about 10 seconds after starting the car, connects to my iphone 12, and I can leave the phone in my pocket or charge it on the wireless charger while driving. All carplay functions including apple and google maps, phone, and text messaging, etc. work normally. I thought someone might find this information useful.

The Carlinkit has always worked in my wife's CR-V since purchasing it, but I have never been able to get the head unit in the Passport to recognize it and boot properly until now. In order to get it working, I used the CR-V head unit to upgrade the Carlinkit 2.0 to the latest available over the air 2021.03.06 firmware upgrade (by connecting it to the CR-V, allowing it to boot to Carplay, and then connecting to the internal website on the carlinkit at 192.168.50.2 with my phone and following the OTA upgrade instructions on the web page). After successfully upgrading the firmware to 03.06 and testing it on the CR-V, I then used a usb stick and powered hub to manually upgrade to the 2021.04.26 version from here: Index of /U2W/2021-04-26

After uprading to the 04.26 firmware, I plugged the Carlinkit into my Passport Head Unit, started the car and watched it power up, enabled the carplay adapter it recognized, and connected to it via bluetooth from my phone and voila! Wireless Carplay is great! I now have two Carlinkit units, one in the CR-V and one in the Passport, both running 04.26 firmware. My wife never has to remove her iphone from her purse or mine from my pocket, unless we want to charge on our wireless chargers. No more fumbling with loose lightning cables in the car and no more wear and tear on the ports on our phones. As the 04.26 firmware seems to be working on both vehicles just fine, I don't intend to upgrade again unless I find a specific problem reported fixed on the macrumors forum for the Carplay adapters: CarPlay adapter to convert to wireless CarPlay?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have finally got the Carlinkit 2.0 working reliably to provide Wireless Carplay on both my 2020 Passport (which has the same head unit as the Pilot) and my wife's 2017 CR-V. Carplay boots about 10 seconds after starting the car, connects to my iphone 12, and I can leave the phone in my pocket or charge it on the wireless charger while driving. All carplay functions including apple and google maps, phone, and text messaging, etc. work normally. I thought someone might find this information useful.

The Carlinkit has always worked in my wife's CR-V since purchasing it, but I have never been able to get the head unit in the Passport to recognize it and boot properly until now. In order to get it working, I used the CR-V head unit to upgrade the Carlinkit 2.0 to the latest available over the air 2021.03.06 firmware upgrade (by connecting it to the CR-V, allowing it to boot to Carplay, and then connecting to the internal website on the carlinkit at 192.168.50.2 with my phone and following the OTA upgrade instructions on the web page). After successfully upgrading the firmware to 03.06 and testing it on the CR-V, I then used a usb stick and powered hub to manually upgrade to the 2021.04.26 version from here: Index of /U2W/2021-04-26

After uprading to the 04.26 firmware, I plugged the Carlinkit into my Passport Head Unit, started the car and watched it power up, enabled the carplay adapter it recognized, and connected to it via bluetooth from my phone and voila! Wireless Carplay is great! I now have two Carlinkit units, one in the CR-V and one in the Passport, both running 04.26 firmware. My wife never has to remove her iphone from her purse or mine from my pocket, unless we want to charge on our wireless chargers. No more fumbling with loose lightning cables in the car and no more wear and tear on the ports on our phones. As the 04.26 firmware seems to be working on both vehicles just fine, I don't intend to upgrade again unless I find a specific problem reported fixed on the macrumors forum for the Carplay adapters: CarPlay adapter to convert to wireless CarPlay?
Why do you have to jump through hoops to get the most recent firmware.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts